-26- Pop tarts and bad thoughts

"I wish I could tell him, I wasn't joking."

Tyler whispers this to himself once the pink haired man was out of the room and heading down the stair case to the kitchen. Tyler's bed room was the only one that was upstairs, it was right on top of the garage but he usually didn't mind the stairs, until recently.

Tyler thought to himself as he sat alone in his bedroom. His lip caught between his bottom teeth even though it ached in protest.

Would his life ever go back to normal, whatever normal was at this point? He had been with Chris for over a year, he was so used to the routine of being with him.

What would Chris do when he sees Tyler in person for the first time since he was first put in the hospital? (Since Tyler can't really remember how Chris reacted to him returning to school.)

What would everyone think about him? Did they know about the incident that left him blacked out in the stall? Does everyone but him know who did it?

Why were people so mean to him? What did he ever do to deserve being beat up so horribly? Al he wanted was love, he gave everything to Chris only to have it twisted and used against him, his love was used to manipulate him into allowing Chris to beat him until he was unconscious numerous times, but he still forgave him.

And somewhere deep in his heart he still wanted to forgive the boy.

He still loved him.

No matter how badly he got hurt.

His thoughts were interrupted by Josh bringing in a warmed pop tart on a plate and a glass of orange juice. The pink haired boy was smiling until he laid eyes on Tyler.

"Ty, what's wrong?" Josh asks this and he rushes to Tyler's side. The smaller male raises his hand and feels his face, realizing there were thick streams of tears rolling down his cheeks.

He hadn't even noticed he was crying.

Tyler just shrugs slightly and chews on his bottom lip, the cut reopens and blood pools on the cracked service which Josh hisses inward about.

"Hey, stop, you're going to hurt your lip worse dude." Josh's finger gently moves to pull the boys bottom lip from between his teeth, his thumb rubbing over the plush but battered skin. His eyes looking his lips slowly, and then over his face.

If this situation was different. If Tyler wasn't so extremely battered and broken. If he hadn't been with Chris, and taught that love was bad, Josh would have kissed his best friends lips.

He wanted to so bad but he pushes the thought to the back of his mind before grabbing a tissue and sitting cross legged in front of the smaller boy. He dabs the blood off and makes the cut stop bleeding before helping him to fully sit up so he could eat something and take his medication.

Tyler eats half the pop tart before pushing the rest away and grabbing the orange juice. Josh excuses himself from the bed and walks into the bathroom to grab his pain medication, which he pulls out the correct dose before walking back into the room and handing it to the younger boy.

Tyler accepts it with a mumbled thank you and he downs it with the rest of his orange juice before slowly moving to lay back down on the bed, his head resting on his soft pillow.

"So.. is there anything you want to do today?" Josh asks this softly and Tyler shakes his head gently. Josh would have been at school today if it hadn't been for the events of the day prior, now he didn't want to leave Tyler's side. He wanted to be there and make sure he was okay.

"Would you like to watch a movie?" Josh asks this as he takes his spot beside the brunette on his bed. Tyler just shrugs gently, not vocalizing if he wanted to or not.

"How does Bambi sound?" Josh asks this and when he sees a slight sparkle in Tyler's blood shot eye he knew that was what the younger male wanted to do. And he was more then happy to comply.

He turns on Tyler's tv, which was positioned on the wall in front of Tyler's bed. It was a smart tv so it was easy to find Disney plus since it was his most recent app used.

He scrolls through the app before finding Bambi and turning it on, the volume a bit low in case the brunette wanted to sleep during the movie.

Tyler's eyes train on the screen but Josh's never focus on the animation playing before him. His eyes were on his best friend, registering how the young boys lips moved in a silent mumble with the dialog the movie had.

He's watched the movie so many times with Tyler that he was sure both of them could recite the whole script by heart. But Josh didn't mind that. It was such a small and sweet thing Tyler loved and he was happy to see Tyler acting like him self a little bit.

"If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all.." Tyler audibly says this along with Thumper and Josh's heart swells. He thought it was adorable and it kind of fit the situation.

He wished Chris had stayed away from his best friend. He wished that Tyler had never dated before, Chris was his first and he knew that Tyler was going to think that's how love was supposed to be. But Josh would correct him on that.

But right now he would never admit one single thing to Tyler.

That one this was that he was falling, no diving head first, into love with the small brunette and nothing would change that.