-6- Sleeping Meds -

(In this story Tyler and Maddie are the only children by the way in case you were confused or anything)

The dream was nice, he didn't have to deal with the pain he had in real life.

He was with Josh.

He was happy.

But it all ended when his alarm goes off, the loud beeping awaking the brunette from his perfect dream. It was just his alarm clock, set to wake him up for school.

He moves his hand to shut it off but when it doesn't turn off after a few presses he unplugs it and throws it, it hits his wall with a thud before falling onto the floor.

"Tyler, hunny? Are you alright?" His mom walks to his door as she asks this.

"Yeah.. I just don't.. Feel good." Tyler says this quietly easily lying to his mom, his voice real scratchy.

"Oh.. You can stay home of you want.. I have a work trip to attend for the next few days." she says this quietly.

"Alright.. Thank you and I love you momma." he says this weakly.

"Love you too Tyler, I'm about to leave so I'll see you in a few days." tyler nods as she says this before realizing that she cannot see his movements.

"Alright." he says this barely audible. She sighs softly and walks away and he hears her head downstairs and he rolls over to where he is staring at the wall.

His mind runs in circles always going back to last night, Tyler jumps slightly as the door closes downstairs a bit loudly. He hears his mothers car start up before pulling out of the drive way and heading to her work event.

The brunette reaches over to his bedside table and opens the drawer, pulling out a full bottle of sleeping pills and only takes two, his prescribed amount. He pops them into his mouth and grabs his water bottle he always keeps inside of the drawer as well.

After he gets the medicine down he lays staring up at the ceiling, thinking, until his eyelids grow heavy and shut as Tyler falls back asleep.
-
He is awaken by a loud slamming noise from his bedroom door and he forces his eyes to open, still half asleep and drowsy from the sleeping medicine. Chris stands at his door with his back pressed against it, glaring at Tyler.

"Huh?" Tyler softly hums this and Chris just rolls his eyes.

"What the fuck is up with you Tyler?! You ran from my place last night and now Joshua is up my god damn ass!" he yells this and Tyler, still in his half asleep state, sits up slightly.

"I don't... Know what you're talking about.." the smaller boy says this quietly. Chris strides across the room before smacking Tyler across his face, instantly waking the younger boy up and causing him to whimper from the sharp sting.

His head hangs low once again and his hand moves to ghost over his heated skin and tears well up in his eyes quickly.

"Well thanks to you Joshua is up my fucking ass sideways! He thinks somethings wrong with you." Chris pulls Tyler up by his baggy sweatshirt and spits roughly into his boyfriends face.

"So help me Tyler if you tell him about what happened last night, I swear to god it will be the last god damn thing you will ever do. Do you understand that?!" He shoves the smaller boy down onto his bed but Tyler's head was sideways due to Chris lifting him up and his head hits the corner of his nightstand roughly.

The smaller boy groans softly from the sharp aches that ring through his head, his body still half asleep from his sleeping medication.

"You better come to school tomorrow, if not I know your moms out of town and there will be a hefty price to pay. I don't need everyone up my fucking ass worried about you. Do I make myself clear Tyler?!" By the end of his sentence he was practically screaming at the boy who just barely manages to nod.

"Good. I love you now go to sleep." Chris gives him a soft but fake smile as he rises from Tyler's bed and walks out of the room altogether.

Once Tyler hears his front door bang shut he allows himself to relax and fall back asleep.

This time the dream he has isn't relaxing.

It wasn't good.

It wasn't heaven with Josh.

He was instead living through hell with Chris.