-23- Momma

"Momma, please don't let him see me like this.."

Tyler pleaded as he said this, he didn't want Joshua to see how badly he was hurt and even more importantly, he didn't want him to be mad at himself since it happened on the day that he hadn't gone to school. He didn't want his best friend to think it was his fault because he stayed home because of the flu. He didn't even know what happened and he knew that when Josh came in and saw him like this that he would be questioned and he didn't have any answers to offer.

"Tyler.. he's already here.. I can't turn him away now.." his moms says this, her tone was sad and almost pleading with the young boy to let someone in, if it couldn't be her then josh would have to do.

"Momma.. I don't w-want him upset." Tears begin to fall down his face as he begins to cry.

The low murmuring occurs again but this time outside of his door, but he still couldn't hear what they were saying, maybe it was the concussion that was messing with his hearing but he didn't know for sure.

"Tyler.. please let me in.. you can cover up I just want to hang out.." Josh says this softly and Tyler sniffles softly.

Would covering up help? Would Josh still end up seeing his battered face? Tyler pondered on this for a moment before he gets up slowly and attempts to pull on a hoodie, his ribs aching with every movement of his body. He was feeling around blindly for a hoodie his mom had set out for him earlier in the day when he had asked her to get him some clothes since he couldn't really see at the moment.

When he finally lays his hands on a soft fabric, he feels around, trying to find the hooded part of the clothing. When he finally finds it he turns it upside down and attempts to put it on which in itself was a struggle. Have you ever tried putting on a hoodie blindfolded? It was almost as hard as dressing a new born in a onesie.

Once he finally has it on and turned the correct way he lays down, the hood pulled over his head and the strings pulled tight so the hood closed in a tight circle around his face as he laid there.

"Tyler?" Josh's voice was soft on the other side of the door and he hears the other pair of footsteps walk away from his bed room door.

"Hey, if you really don't want me to come in.. I'll go home.. I just wanted to come and hear your voice and make sure you're okay.." Josh says this softly and Tyler bites his lip gently which stings since it was still healing from being busted again.

"N-n-no you can come in J-Josh." Tyler says this softly and a moment later he hears his doorknob turn and the creaking of the hinges as his bedroom door opened.

The lights were off since Tyler didn't need them on and honestly they were making his head throb when he originally got home from the hospital. His curtain was closed as well, meaning his room was basically a dark void though josh knew it well enough to be able to guide himself over to the brunettes bed.

His hands pat the comforter, originally his hand grabs Tyler's thigh which burns in protest because he had what the hospital called a collection of gashes on the top of his left thigh. His hand quickly moves away and pats down his leg until he hits the blanket at the end of Tyler's foot. He was just trying to feel out where he could sit. Which Tyler noticed once josh takes a seat about three inches away from the end of his foot.

"Ty.. are you okay?" Josh asks this and he moves to sit with his back against the wall.

Tyler let's out a humorless laugh which makes his chest burn from the rapid movement of his lungs.

"Am I ever okay anymore?" Tyler asks this in a practically emotionally drained voice. It was a genuine question that josh couldn't answer for the brunette. He had been through so much and half of it Joshua didn't even know about yet and Tyler feared ever telling him, especially about the night that Chris had sexually assaulted him, but that was months ago.

Now he had to fear someone else attacking him because he didn't know who had left him unconscious in the bathroom stall. He didn't know if someone was actively coming after him. He didn't know what he did to even deserve any of the events that happened involving him. All he wanted was love.

"Ty.. what happened?" Josh asks this softly and Tyler shrugs, the bed moving slightly from the movement but then he realized Joshua probably couldn't see what he was doing so he sighs softly.

"I don't know Josh, I can't remember, all I remember is waking up in the bathroom." Tyler says this softly.

"Can I turn on the light please Ty? I need to see how badly you're hurt.." josh says this softly and Tyler instantly starts shaking his head but the pain from rubbing against the stitches is immediate and he stops shortly after he begins.

"You're going to be mad.." Tyler says this and his breathing picks up as he thinks about what Josh's reaction to the injuries is going to be. Hell, Tyler hadn't even seen all of the injuries himself as of yet.

"I promise, I won't be mad. Please Tyler.." josh pleads softly and Tyler whines softly before deciding to give in.

"O-okay, since you promised." Tyler says this softly and josh slowly leans over and flips the switch to the light in the room.

Even though Tyler's eyes were swollen shut he could tell when the light was on, it could be seen through the lids of his eyes.

Josh slowly leans over once the light is on and he grabs the edges of Tyler's hoodie before slowly loosening them. His hands freeze once the hoodie is loosened all the way and Tyler's face is exposed.

"Holy shit."