-22- Confusion

Knock, knock, knock.

When Tyler awoke he was in the bigger stall, his head was leaning against the toilet and there was blood splattered on the white surface. When he looked down at himself his nose caught a whiff of the strong irony scent of blood, his hoodie was soaked in it.

He slowly lifts his hand to feel his face, there was blood dried on his cheeks and some that was still dripping from his nose, then he lifts his hand to his head and feels that his hair is damp and when he pulls his hand away there's wet blood coating his finger tips.

The worse part about his current state wasn't the blood. But the fact that he didn't remember who hurt him.

He tried to remember any events that had led up to him sitting in the large stall but his mind was pulling up blanks. He didn't even remember going to school that morning, he couldn't remember the fact that Joshua wasn't at school to protect him that day. He couldn't remember the fact that Chris had cornered him in the bathroom when the boy was just trying to wash his hands and go back to class. He couldn't remember anything.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Tyler jumped at the noise, someone was knocking at the bathroom door, which was odd, wasn't it always open? Did the person who hurt him close the door?

Tyler groans as he forces himself to lean away from the porcelain and his ribs ache with every breath, every movement felt as though he was being stabbed and then burned as he exhaled.

"Who's in there! Open this door right now." The voice was familiar, it sounded like the schools principal.

"I-I-I can't get up!" Tyler cries this when he tries to stand but the pain was making it unbearable to move at all, his legs felt as though they had been disconnected from his body and then placed back on incorrectly like a monster high doll. Tears were running down the boys face when he once again tries to stand up, he gets onto his feet and out of the stall before he gets dizzy and falls face down on the tiled floor. A cry of pure pain slipping from his mouth as he remains face down.

"I'll try and find a way in, stay where ever you are." The voice says this softly after hearing the boys cry. Then footsteps walk away from the door and fade down the hallway.

A few minutes later footsteps are in front of the bathroom door and he hears something jangling and sliding into place. Then the latch flips and the door is pushed open.

Tyler looks up and sees the principal standing at the entrance to the bathroom, her hand covering her mouth as she looked down at the young boy who was still laying on his face practically in the middle of the bathroom floor.

There was blood dripping from his face onto the floor, the main source seeming to be from the back of his head, there was blood on the sinks, in front of the bathrooms mirror, and then a line, like the boy had been drug into the stall. Then there was blood coating the toilet in the stall that he had woken up against. It all seemed like a murder scene.

"Mr. Joseph.. what happened?" She asks this worriedly and tears fall from the boys eyes as he looks up at her.

"I don't know."

-

Hours turn into a full day and a half and Tyler is finally brought home. His principal had called an ambulance to pick the young boy up from the school bathroom, as she was afraid to move him in case he had internal injuries. He had a severe concussion as well has a split in the back of his scalp which was sewn shut, his nose was once again broken and had to be set straight, most of the blood vessels in his right eye were busted and his eyes were basically swollen shut, his lip was split and he had a wound on his tongue from biting it, he had broken ribs and major bruising all over his body.

The young boy was so confused with everything going on. He didn't remember anything which made the paramedics confused and they had to run many tests trying to rule out different things that might have occurred. The police were now involved and they were trying to figure out what happened to the boy.

Right now he was laying on his back in his bed, his head was wrapped with gauze to protect the stitches in his scalp, his eyes were closed since looking at anything at all hurt him severely.

He had been home for a few hours and he heard his phone go off a few times but since he couldn't see, he didn't know who was messaging him or what was going on. All he knew was that he couldn't return to school until the police found out what exactly happened and who hurt him because it was clear it wasn't self inflicted.

Knock, knock, knock.

Foot steps could be heard approaching the front door and it's opened, low murmuring voices could be barely heard through the boys bedroom door and then the footsteps head up the stairs to his bedroom.

"Tyler?" His mom was standing outside of his bedroom door.

"Yes?" Tyler croaks this out softly.

"Josh is here,"