-24- Squinted Eyes

"Holy shit."

Tyler forces himself to open up his swollen eyes, his vision slightly blurry but he quickly focuses on the male sitting on his bed. He was peering down at the younger boy, worry was strewn across the pink haired boys face. But his eyes were a different story.

His eyes showed sadness, worry, but most importantly there was anger clearly in them as the mocha eyes looked over his best friends battered face. He looked worse then when Chris was done with him the night after the party, and Josh didn't even know that was possible.

"J-Josh y-you promised r-remember.." Tyler says this quietly, his voice cracking because he didn't want the older male to be upset with him for not being able to protect himself.

Josh seems to snap himself out of what ever thought he was having at the moment, from what Tyler could see on his face he was probably thinking about murdering someone.

"Sorry.. you know I'm never a promise breaker.. but Tyler.. it kind of makes me mad that someone could put their hands on you like this, you've never done anything wrong.." Josh says this and he looks over his friend, only sadness on his face now and it made Tyler's eyes grow misty.

"I-I... this was the reason I didn't w-w-want you to s-see m-me.. y-you're upset J-Josh.." Tyler says this and tears drip from his pink rimmed eyes.

Josh instantly leans forward and begins to very gently wipe away the tears that were falling from his best friends eyes.

"Tyler, you're okay, I'm not upset with you.. I just wish I could know who did this to you.. they deserve to pay for this.. you're such a sweet person.." Josh says this softly and his mind was running in circles, there was only one person who could have treated Tyler this way.

Chris.

Josh moves closer to the brunettes head and he gently pulls the boy to lean against him, his hands wiping away tears quickly as they fell down his freckled cheeks.

After a while Tyler found himself cried out and he was limply laying against Joshua's chest, his breathing hitching every once in a while since it still hurt to breathe. After about thirty minutes of silence Tyler finally speaks up.

"Why d-doesn't anyone like me?" His small, fragile sounding voice speaks up in the silence of his room, his swollen eyes shut again as he thought to himself.

"Ty.. no, people love you. There's just some nasty people, the police will find who ever did this to you and they will make them pay." Josh tries to comfort the boy but Tyler just shakes his head slightly before yawning.

"Tired?" Josh asks this softly and Tyler nods hesitantly and that's when Josh, very carefully, lifts Tyler and lays down, fixing the boy to where he was laying against his chest in a comforting way. He wanted him to be comfortable no matter what.

They lay like that in silence for a while and when Tyler is just on the verge of falling asleep he speaks up once again.

"I hope I don't wake up.."

Josh's heart shatters when he hears the small brunette whisper this, but he's asleep faster then Josh could even respond.

The thought of Tyler, his bubbly, happy, innocent best friend, being so depressed, broken, and scared, that he wanted to die pushes Josh into tears.

That's when he promised himself that he was going to find out who hurt him. He was going to track them down and if the cops didn't get to him first, Joshua certainly will.

And there will be hell to pay.