-20- school

Josh walked Tyler to his first period class. The younger boy kept his head down, his sunglasses still hiding the remaining bruise on his eye, he didn't want attention on him but that's all he got today.

Throughout the halls all you heard was hushed whispers. They were about him and about Chris. The older male had apparently told some people that Tyler fell down the stairs at his apartment after he got drunk at a party over Chris dumping him.

Hearing the lies being told about his best friends state made Josh want to track the other male down and beat his ass, he didn't want to show any pity on the man because he clearly didn't show any to Tyler when he left him bleeding on the bedroom floor.

Soon they come to a stop in front of Tyler's literature class and Josh looks down at the younger boy who was fidgeting with his hoodie string.

"Are you going to be okay Ty?" Josh asks this and the smaller brunette looks up slowly, his bottom lip caught beneath his teeth and he nods slowly.

"I-I'll be fine.. I'll t-text you if anything goes wrong o-okay?" Tyler says this quietly and Josh nods in response.

"I'll come back to walk you to your next class, okay?" The brunette just nods in response to him and Josh offers him a gentle smile which doesn't quite meet his eyes and then he turns to walk off before Tyler walks into the classroom. His head down once again.

He takes his usual assigned seat which was against the wall in the middle of the classroom. He drops his bag on the floor before quickly sitting down and resting his head on top of the desks surface.

Soon the classroom is filled and there are eye on him, someone that had come in was a little upset when they saw Tyler had finally returned to school because that meant they could no longer sit beside their friend but oh well, it was Tyler's seat anyways.

Mrs. Green, his first period teacher, walks in. She was wearing a black top that was tucked into a black and white patterned skirt, her usually wild red hair was pulled back into a bun as she looked around the class room.

"Alright, first up is attendance!" She says this and the room goes quiet. She lifts up a clipboard and begins reading names off as Tyler zones out slightly.

"Tyler Joseph?" Her voice sounded uneasy as she spoke his name and her eyes went over each student slowly, clearly she heard he had returned if she was actually looking for him.

Tyler's hand slowly raises and he looks at his teacher who's eyes snap towards him and she offers him an uneasy smile.

"Tyler, you know the rules.. no sunglasses in the building.. it's against dress code."

Fuck.

Tyler nods slowly and his breathing picks up a bit as he lifts a shaking hand to the glasses rim and pulls them down. He looks down at his lap as he folds the legs to the glasses and puts them away in his bag.

Once he looks up again, there's audible gasps within the room as the young boys face is revealed. Patches of purple, yellow, and green litter his face and a ring, the size of Chris's fist surrounded his eye. He also had residual bruises from his nose being practically broken when his boyfriend beat him up.

The room remains in silence and Tyler finally manages the courage to speak.

"I-I-I.. m-m-Mrs green I-if you could continue p-please it would be appreciated.." Tyler says this softly and fumbles with his fingers as he tries to ignore the stares that were focused on him, even his teacher found it hard to break herself out of whatever trance she was in and then she clears her throat and continues onto the next person on the attendance list.

-

By the time fourth period had rolled around Tyler had heard most of the rumors.

1. Tyler attacked Chris for cheating.
2. Tyler fell down the stairs after getting shitfaced drunk
3. Tyler got mugged
4. Josh beat him and blamed Chris.
5. Tyler did it to himself to make Chris look bad.

It made the younger boy sick to his stomach hearing all the false things being said about him. None of those things happened. Josh definitely didn't harm Tyler, it was insane for someone to even think that the pink haired boy would ever place a finger on the boy in a harmful way.

Tyler walks into the gym and instantly scurries to sit on the top of the bleachers. He was given a note so he didn't have to work out since his ribs were still in the process of healing. His eyes anxiously watched everyone that entered, his eyes glued to the tops of their heads until he finally sees what he was looking for.

Cotton candy pink.

Josh instantly looks at the top of the bleachers and he offers Tyler a friendly smile as he enters the gym and he walks up to sit beside the boy in the bleachers.

"Sup?" Josh asks this and leans against the painted tile that made up the gyms walls.

"Sup." Tyler says this back, a soft smile on his face for the first time today.

"How's your day been?" Josh asks this softly and Tyler just groans and glares at him playfully.

"Well, let's see. Apparently I've been mugged, I've fallen down a flight of stairs, I definitely attacked Chris.. and what else did I hear today.." Tyler runs his hand through his hair as he tries to remember what his classmates were saying.

"Oh! Don't forget about the fact that I beat you apparently!" Josh perks up as he says this and Tyler laughs softly. "Ah yes! That is what I was trying to remember, you beat me and blamed it on Chris, how could you?" Tyler laughs softly and Josh rolls his eyes, he was glad that Tyler wasn't taking all of the rumors too seriously though.

Although, he knew that Chris was still in the school and that the fact that he had no consequences for his actions, which could have killed Tyler, pissed Josh off and he knew it made Tyler anxious.

But, Chris was going to pay the price for beating Tyler.

Right?