-10- Tired

Tyler's mothers breathing stops as she looks at her son with a gapping mouth, she only seems to come back to the present when she realizes Tyler is shivering and his whole body is shaking from it, thus causing more pain to occur to him.

"Come in baby, we're going to talk about this though." His mother says this softly and she walks ahead of the boys as they all head up to the house, the smaller brunette was leaning most of his weight against Joshua as they walked up the concrete and Josh tried to keep him from hitting any icy spots that could cause him to fall and get hurt again.

Once they're in the house and all three are seated on the couch his mother leans forward, her elbows perched on her knees, her hands resting on her chin as she thinks about how she was going to go about asking what happened.

"Tyler.. what happened baby? You guys seemed so happy with each other when I saw you two. How long has he been doing this?" She asks this and she gazes over at her son with concerned eyes.

"Uhm.. he uh- he started hitting me a month after we started dating, so it's been like this for about a year or so.." Tyler admits this quietly and he looks down at his lap and at the hem of the hoodie that Josh had brought to the hospital for him.

"A year? Tyler Joseph, why the hell did you stay with someone who was abusing you for a year?! Why didn't you tell anyone?! He could have killed you!" His mothers voice picks up to a shouting level and Tyler shrinks back into his seat.

"m-momma.. I couldn't, if I told anyone what he did he- he'd kill me.." Tyler says this quietly and tears leak out of his swollen eyes.

"Tyler, we could have gotten the cops involved long ago, he could be in the jail already, why were you so stupid to stay with him?!" His mother says this quickly and Tyler's breathing halts.

She thought he was dumb for being abused?

"Hey, Mrs. Joseph. Maybe you should let him rest, he's been through a lot and he's really injured. He doesn't need you yelling at him right now. The doctors explained it as a case of Stockholm syndrome, Chris made him believe he needed the punishment.. and reassured him that he loved him anytime he hurt him." Josh says this softly just trying to break up the whole situation before it got worse because Tyler really just needed to go lay down and rest so he can get better. His mother nods and then her eyes fixate on Josh.

"You need to be there for him, I'll see if I can get his classes moved around so you two are together but if that asshole comes up to Tyler at any moment while this is being dealt with and he tries to lay a single finger on my son, I want you to kick his ass. I can't do it because I'll go to jail but please defend my boy, he didn't deserve this." His mother says this and Josh nods softly.

"Ill keep my eye on him, you have my word Mrs. Joseph," And once that is said his mother gets up, kisses Tyler's head before heading to the front door.

"I'll be home in a few hours, Josh watch after him okay?" She says this and Josh just nods before she leaves the house. Tyler looks over at Josh and frowns before tears leak out of his swollen eyes and run down his puffy face.

"Ty, what's wrong?" Josh asks this, concern present in his voice.

"A-am I really that dumb?" Tyler stutters as he says this and Josh just carefully pulls him into his arms in a comforting hug.

"No Ty, your mom just doesn't understand, hell I don't really understand why you stayed either but I'm sure what Chris did really messed you up. I don't blame you and no one should ever blame a victim of abuse like that. You had no control, you did what you thought would be the best." Josh says this softly and he moves his hand to pet Tyler's brown hair, his hand avoiding a massive white bandage that was on the boys head that protected a large gash in the back of his head. Tyler nuzzles into his chest softly before sighing softly.

"Im tired Josh.."