Chapter 5 - Nothing much happens

You woke up the next morning in Steve's bed seeing he was gone again. You sighed and rolled onto your back looking up at the ceiling.

"What have I gotten myself into." You whispered covering your face.

"Good morning angel." You heard Steve say as you screamed, you looked up seeing him standing at the door.

"Sorry, you scared me." You whispered sitting up as he chuckled.

"It's okay doll. Come have breakfast with me." He said holding his hand out to you.

"Ah, I'm still naked." You muttered looking around for your clothes, Steve threw you one of his shirts and you slipped it over yourself.

"Go to you room and get changed, I'll meet you in the kitchen." He said kissing your forehead before leaving.

You shuffled your way to your room where you found some underwear and other dress. You looked at yourself in the mirror, you could still see someone of the hickeys Steve had left on you.

"God, I look like a hooker." You muttered running your hand over the one on your neck. You shook your head from those thoughts and made your way to the kitchen where you knew Steve would be waiting.

You came out to see Steve talking with a red haired woman.

"Didn't realise you had company Rogers." She said looking at you, you looked away from her awkwardly.

"Natasha, this is Y/N. Y/N this is Natasha, she works for Tony Stark." He introduced you as you smiled and nodded to her.

"It's nice to meet you Natasha." You muttered awkwardly as she came closer to you and looked you over.

"She's definitely not working for you, unless you paid for a hooker. So, what is she?" Nat asked making you uncomfortable.

"That's none of your business, what did you need Natasha?" Steve said as you moved away from her and behind Steve.

"Let's talk about this without the pet." Nat said grabbing Steve's hand and leading him away.

"Doll, just have some breakfast while we speak." Steve said before disappearing out of sight. You sat down at the table and grabbed some pastries that were on the table in front of you.

In the other room Nat dragged Steve into his office and slammed the door.

"Are you kidding?" She hissed at him making him sigh.

"You can't have her with you, it's leverage. So many of your enemies could use her against you, just so you could have some fun with a girl for a few hours." Nat scolded him.

"She isn't just a random hook up, I've been chasing this girl for over a years. Then I was seen with her and knew I had to protect her so matter what. She isn't just a toy, I care about her." He replied making Nat scoff.

"That's where you're going wrong, you know just as much as I do that you can't care about anyone in this business. Especially not that flower in the other room, one draw of a knife and she'll tell someone everything about you." She growled lowly as Steve glared at her.

"She's stronger then you fucking realise. She won't be leaving this place, she won't be an issue. Don't go running back to Stark about all of this, she stays out of it." He said in a low voice looking directly into Nat's eyes.

"Fine, but when she dies don't get all soft." Nat whispered before storming out.

You were eating at the table when Nat stormed passed and into the elevator.

"Watch your back." She growled before the doors closed. You saw Steve coming back in as you looked up at him.

He reached down and held your cheek in his hand before smiling.