Chapter 7 - Frozen

The next day Steve was pacing up and down your room as he thought. He felt like he was going insane.

"W-Why did you give me to him?" He heard you whispered as he quickly ran over to you.

"What?" He muttered looking at your half closed eyes.

"You sold me." You whispered as Steve held onto your hand.

"Doll, what are you talking about?" He asked as you looked over at him.

"Father told me you sold me to him." You whispered, Steve's eyes widened as he squeezed your hand gently.

"Oh god, angel. No, I would never do that, he was lying to you. I would never in a million years give you to anyone, especially not him." Steve whispered looking up at you.

"Is he dead?" You whispered, Steve had been dreading this question.

"No angel, he got away. But I promise my men and Tony's men won't stop until he's dead. I promise with all of my heart I'm never letting you go." Steve whispered as you smiled a little.

"You saved me." You whispered making Steve smile in return. 

"And I'm never letting you go again. I'm so glad you remember me angel." He whispered leaning up to kiss your forehead.

"Where's Clint?" You muttered making Steve's smile fall.

"He didn't make it out doll." He replied making you look away from him.

"H-He told me to tell his family that he loves them." You whispered looking back up at Steve.

"I'll make sure his family gets the message angel. I'm so sorry I let this happen." He whispered as you looked at him in confusion.

"Let what happened?" You muttered, Steve could see you were forgetting again.

"Nothing doll, just rest."

It had been a week now. You had gotten movement back in your body and you were able to walk around freely. Today was your first appointment with a psychologist.
You woke up alone in your room looking around for Steve.

"S-Steve." You muttered out as the door opened and you saw you father, your eyes widened and your face paled.

"Doll? Are you okay?" A voice said as you blinked and suddenly it was Steve in front of you.

"I-I'm sorry, I saw my father. I must've been hallucinating again." You whispered as Steve kissed your forehead gently.

"It's alright angel, he's not here. Are you ready to go to the psychologist?" Steve asked as you nodded.

"W-When I go I want to talk to them alone, so while I'm there you can sort some things out if you needed." You said as Steve helped you get up out of bed.

"I understand angel, I'll be right here when it's over." Steve whispered kissing your forehead softly.

"Do you want me to walk you there?" Steve asked grabbing one of your coats you had brought in and wrapping it around your shoulders.

"Yes please." You whispered holding onto his hand making Steve smile and intertwine his fingers with yours. He led you out of your room where you saw two of his men waiting, they followed you along as you stuck close to Steve. The psychology ward wasn't far from yours.
You were nervous, you'd never talked about any of this to anyone besides Steve.

"It's okay if you're nervous doll." Steve whispered squeezing your hand a little.

"I haven't...I haven't even thought about what happened." You whispered squeezing his hand in return.