Chapter 13 - Hold me

"My precious girl."

"You're going to pay for this sister!"

"Hold still, it'll only hurt more if you resist."

You thrashed in your bed as tears streamed down your face. Suddenly you screamed and jolted awake and screamed even more.
Steve burst through the door and saw you screaming in fear.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry father! Please, please I'll be good I promise." You cried out looking up at Steve as he slowly made his way up to you.

"Doll, I'm here. It's Steve, sweetie he's not here. It's just me." He whispered sitting beside you as you cried and rocked back and forth.

"I'll obey." You whispered looking into his eyes.

"Angel, I'm not making you do anything. You're safe here I promise, your name is Y/N and I'm Steve. We live together and we keep each other safe. Do you remember?" He asked as you began to calm down and nodded.

"Y-You saved my life and I lost my memory." You replied as he smiled and nodded.

"That's right angel." He said as you looked at him, suddenly you grew angry you got up and backed away from him.

"No! I won't stay here!" You screamed at him as he looked at you in shock and stood up.

"Angel, I promise from the bottom of my heart that you're safe here with me." He said as you began to cry and shake your head.

"No, no no no I can't. No please, please I don't want to." You whispered over and over as Steve made his way to you. He gently placed his hand on your cheek as you cried.

"I accept my punishment." You whispered as Steve looked at you sadly.

"My angel, you've done nothing wrong. You've been absolutely perfect for me." He said as you looked at him in shock.

"You've been a really good girl." He said as you jumped forward and hugged him tightly. He wrapped you up in a warm embrace and ran his hand through your hair.

"Shh sweetie. I've got you, you're safe I promise." Steve whispered holding you tight.

"C-Can I sleep in your bed?" You asked in a small voice making Steve smile softly.

"Yes darling girl, come on." He said softly pulling away and holding onto your hand to lead you along.
He led you to his room and you slowly crawled onto his bed and under the covers as he smiled.
He laid beside you and made sure to give you distance.

"Y-You can come closer if you want." You whispered as Steve slowly came closer to you and wrapped his arms around you.
You cuddled into him and instantly relaxed.

"I've got you." He whispered as you looked up at him.

"I'm sorry I yelled." You whispered back as he smiled and kissed your forehead.

"It's okay angel, you were afraid. That's okay." He replied as you nodded.

"Thank you Steve."

You woke up in the morning feeling someone run their hand through your hair.
You groaned a little as Steve smiled and looked down at you.

"Angel, it's okay. You're safe." He whispered as you looked up at him.

"What happened last night?" You asked as Steve kissed your forehead softly.

"You had a nightmare darling." He replied as you nodded.

"I was dreaming...about this man. He wouldn't stop touching me." You whispered clinging onto Steve as he looked at you sadly.

"He's your father." He replied as you looked up at him in confusion.

"I-I thought you said I had no family?" You muttered looking away from him.

"W-Well, you don't angel. They're all dead, but before they died your father hurt you a lot, so did your brother. They were both very bad people." He explained as you felt tears in your eyes.

"What did he do to me?" You whispered terrified of the answer. He held your face softly and looked down at you.

"He hurt you a lot, he used to...do things to you, sexual things. He wasn't a good man Y/N, but he's gone now. He can never hurt you again." Steve said as you nodded and cuddled into him.

"What happened to him?" You muttered closing your eyes.

"I killed him." He replied as your eyes widened.

"I know it sounds scary, but he was going to take you away. I couldn't let that happen." He said as you nodded.

"And my brother?" You whispered as Steve looked at you with guilt.

"I had to kill him as well, he took you and was injecting you with serums, that's why you forgot everything." Steve explained as you looked away from Steve's eyes.

"I know it's all hard to understand." He whispered playing with your hair.

"I understand, they hurt me and you protected me." You replied looking back up at him.

"You did it because you love me." You whispered making him smile softly.
He kissed your forehead gently.

"I love you so much, and I want to protect you."