Chapter 9 - Ups and Downs

Steve helped you out of bed as you yawned and stretched.
You felt so numb, maybe it was your brains way of protecting you.
How long had it even been since Steve 'kidnapped' you?

"Let's go have some breakfast." Steve said gently grabbing onto your hand and leading you out of the bedroom.
You followed him until you were met with a large kitchen that had a breakfast bar on one side.

"I think the best i can do is pop tarts angel. I'll have my men bring groceries for me." He said grabbing out a box of pop tarts and dropping them into the toaster.

"So much has happened the last few days." You whispered sitting at the breakfast bar and looking down at your hands.

"I know Y/N. I wish I could've stopped it all." Steve whispered standing on the other side of the table.

"If you hadn't come into my life, none of this would've happened." You growled quietly as Steve's face darkened.

"I know you don't mean that." He whispered in a warning voice as you looked up at him in anger.

"It's fucking true! You fucking kidnapped me! I wish i had never met you!" You screamed getting off the chair about to run off before Steve stopped you.

"Keep trying, see where it gets you." He growled, you wanted to shrink under his hard glare and apologise. But you were so angry and exhausted.

"Get away from me!" You screamed breaking free of him and running out of the door.
Steve thought about chasing after you, but he knew you were just throwing a tantrum and he needed to let you cool off. He would let you run away as far as you wanted and then track you down and get you back. You deserved some kind of punishment after speaking to him like that.
It was a risky move but Steve knew there was no one out here.

You kept running until you were in the forest behind Steve's mansion. You kept running through the trees and grass until you ran out of breath and collapsed onto the hard forest ground. You broke down crying before screaming as loud as you could.
So many emotions were running through your head as you began hitting your head with your hand.
After about an hour of crying and screaming you collapsed onto the ground in a foetal position as you sniffled and cried.

It had been two hours now and Steve knew you would've calm down by now. He grabbed his gun for safe measure and headed out to where the tracker was that he had implanted into you.
He set out into the forest and followed the path on his phone until he found you laying in the dirt crying softly.

"Have you calmed down now?" He asked as you looked up at him and nodded.

"I don't want to go back, i want to stay here." You whispered making Steve sigh as he put his phone away and crouched down gently picking you up in his arms.

"I wanna stay." You whispered helplessly as Steve began the trek back to the house.

"H-How did you find me?" You muttered closing your eyes not bothering to fight him anymore.

"I have a tracker on you." He admitted, you should've been angry but you were so exhausted and burnt out you didn't even care.

"Just let me die." You whispered as Steve looked down at you sadly.

"We're almost home angel." He replied, you rested your head on his chest until you were back inside the mansion.

"I'll draw you a bath." He said bringing you upstairs into the bathroom and gently sitting you on top of the covered toilet.

"I was bad, why aren't you punishing me?" You whispered as Steve began to fill up the bath tub with warm water.

"I think you punished yourself enough angel. But I can't have you running away like that again, it's dangerous. If you try again I'll have to lock you in your room. Do you understand?" He said turning his head to look at you as you sniffled and nodded.