Chapter 15 - The End

"The well known criminal, Steve Rogers is still on the run after almost a year. There's been a lot of speculation around the world about where he might be now, but just like a ghost he always seems to disappear just before law enforcement can catch him."
You looked at the old TV through the shop window and chuckled softly.
Steve came behind you and handed you an ice cream.

"Thank you, Steve. Sorry, Grant." You said making him laugh.

"Anything for you, Grace." He said using your fake name making you chuckle.
At the moment you had been staying in Malta, on such a small island people didn't really question why you were both there.
Being on the run hadn't been the worst thing, after endless fake passports you'd eventually outrun everyone you needed to.
Some of your memories had come back over time but most stayed away, which you were slightly thankful for.
After the life you'd had, being on the run with Steve seemed like a dream. Maybe to others it was a nightmare, but you loved the adventure of everyday and even more you loved Steve.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" You asked as you both sat down on the fountain edge.

"Well, I was thinking maybe we go out on the boat." He said as you smiled.

"That sounds like an amazing idea, after all it's a perfect day." You said closing your eyes enjoying the feeling of the sun on your face.

"Not much could beat this." You said as Steve smiled.

"Couldn't agree more." You heard a voice say as you opened your eyes to see Tony.

"Tony? What the hell are you doing here?" Steve said standing up to hug his old friend.

"Hey, the police are dumb as fuck. I can find you both easily." He said making you chuckle.
You stood up and hugged Tony as well.

"You know when I found out you were on the run, I pictured a hard life on the road. Not living the dream in Europe." Tony said making you both chuckle softly.

"Come on, you know Steve. Even on the run he has to have nice things around him." You said as Steve looked down at you and smiled.

"That's exactly why I've got you around." He said making you chuckle and shake your head.

"You know what, I might just turn myself in so I can go on the run." Tony said looking around the town square.

"Come on, we'll show you around." You said grabbing Tony's hand.

"So, are your two going to illegally get married or what?" Tony said as you chuckled.

"That's far from my mind, Tony." You said as you ventured on in front and Steve nudged Tony showing him a ring.

"Oh fuck off." Tony said as Steve laughed.

"Shh, I'm doing it this afternoon so don't fuck it up for me." Steve said as they began walking behind you.

"Aww, my little boy's growing up." Tony said making Steve shake his head.
Maybe life on the run had been the right choice after all.

(Just absolute cheesy crap, but i wanted a peaceful happy ending cause FUCK)