Chapter 14 - Instincts

Steve decided it was best for you both to have an easy day and just take it slow.
You both made your way downstairs and Steve began making pancakes for you.

"Do you have any family?" You asked watching him cook.

"No, I have friends but no family. I had someone that was like a brother to me, but he hurt you. I couldn't let it slide." He muttered as you wrapped your arms around yourself.
If you were being honest you were a little scared of this man.

"You've killed a lot of people." You muttered as Steve turned around to look at you.

"I know it's scary, Angel. We've been through a lot together and everything I did, it was for you. Please don't be afraid." He whispered reaching forward to hold your face gently.

"You'd never hurt me?" You whispered as he smiled softly.

"No, sweetheart." He responded making you smile softly.
After breakfast you sat outside with Steve, enjoying the sunshine when suddenly Steve's phone began to ring.
He excused himself and answered the phone while you continued to relax in the sun.

"Tony? What's going on?" Steve asked glancing back at you on the porch.

"I'm sorry, there was nothing I could do. Apparently the gem wasn't enough for Loki, he wanted to make sure you could never take over again." Tony said as Steve felt his heart stop.

"Tony, what the fuck are you talking about?" Steve growled becoming nervous.

"He sent the FBI after you, they've already raiding your penthouse and found all your weapons. It's only a matter of time before they find you at the mansion. There's not many options you have here, Steve. I'll see you on the other side, friend." Tony said before hanging up.
Steve stared down at his phone in shock.
He only had two options here.

"Steve? Everything okay?" He heard you asked as he threw his phone to the ground and stood on it shattering it making you flinch.

"Baby, this isn't at all what I wanted to happen. But I need you to make a choice, sweetheart. The FBI are on their way, one of my enemies gave them everything on me. Enough to give me life in prison and they're on their way now." He said as you looked at him in shock.

"Why do I need to make a choice?" You muttered as he held onto your hands.

"Either, we let them come and take me, I can make sure you're taken care of and safe. Or we both go on the run, we won't have much but we could stay together." He said as you looked at him in shock.
After losing your memory it was like you'd only just met Steve, but something inside of you hated the idea of not seeing him or sending him to prison.

"I don't want you to go to prison. I-I don't care if we have nothing, I want to stay with you." You whispered as he smiled and hugged you.

"Go up to your room, grab a bag and pack whatever you want as long as it's not technology, okay?" He said as you nodded and rushed off up the stairs.
Somewhere in your subconscious you were still so ready to run away whenever you needed to.
Steve began packing up whatever he could, weapons, cash, food and valuables.
After about thirty minutes you came back down with a backpack filled with what you needed and wanted.
Steve grabbed your hand and you ran to the garage out the back.

"We'll have to take my old Camaro, all the other cars can be tracked too easily." Steve said as you nodded and helped him pack up the car.

"Doll, if you do this with me. It means that if we're ever captured, you would go to jail too." Steve said before you got into the car.

"I don't care, I'm wiling to risk it." You said as he smiled and kissed you before you both got into the car.

"Let's go, sweetheart."