40 | skyful sun

TOKYO
10°C
WINDY

It's been years since Midoriya went to the aquarium. The last time he went to see a hammerhead shark behind the glass was probably during a weekend outing with his old classmates from Yuei. For once, he felt like a normal person strolling around in crowds of a pre-normal world where quirks didn't exist. It was...nice. Except for the overwhelming fact that still struck him to this day, that he has One For All running through his veins.

But right now, in the present, living in the moment—he was here, in the aquarium, repeating that same moment. Except it was all for someone he genuinely didn't know he'd care for in his years of a bittersweet life. Midoriya didn't know whether to call it a date. Well if it is, then, Ashido or Uraraka would be squealing their lungs to find out that the green bean has a special person in his inner circle other than Kacchan and his mother.

The two of them left the apartment at 12PM sharp. Midoriya threw on the best decent sweatshirt he could find in Masuyo's guest closet and pair it with dark jeans. He had hope he wasn't too underdressed. Well, now that he looked at her, standing idly in front of a tank of lionfishes—Masuyo's long pastel green dress made them look like they're under the sun having a picnic.

Maybe it's just Midoriya's limited knowledge in fashion that lets him admire Masuyo in such clothing. After all, he's...never seen her in a dress. Ever.

You look beautiful. He wanted to say.

He didn't get the chance to say it before they left the apartment. Both of them being too preoccupied with their first outing. Especially Masuyo. She'd never been to the aquarium after all.

They continued on the flow of directions they naturally walked towards, each tank and dome displaying more and more magnificent sea creatures as they go on.

"Izuku! Izuku! Look!" Masuyo suddenly squealed, pointing her finger at a stingray swimming above them. "It's the meme fish!"

Midoriya had to pause trying to process what she just said.

He burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, what?" Masuyo failed to maintain her pout as she laughed too.

"Their bellies look like a smile!" She whined when Midoriya covered his mouth from laughing. "It's cute okay!"

Speak for yourself. He stares at her fondly, grinning so wide he was sure the sun was fighting him.

"Don't tell me the reason why you're so eager to come here is because you wanted to see a stingray's belly only to see it as a dorky smile," he teased.

"It's not the main reason," Masuyo rolled her eyes. "Overall, it's amazing. Seeing all of...this. It's like I'm in the ocean, you know? It's a little sad that we're only able to see this much of such a beautiful world when there's so much more..."

She trailed off, going quiet as she stares at the sea behind an invisible wall. Midoriya noticed how her deep, emerald eyes softened—locking onto any creature that's entering her line of sight. The light dipped in ocean blue reflects on her face and pastel green dress, morphing into a pale cyan color.

Midoriya's heart clenched in adoration and...longingness. It's been so long. Too long.

"This is the last stop." He pointed out as he nodded his head towards the main exit. "Want to grab a bite outside?"

Masuyo turns to him and nods.

Just as he was about to turn towards the exit, he had almost—just barely—grabbed her hand out of instinct. As if he was used to holding that fragile, soft hand in those days in the comfort of their—her apartment. So when he realized it, his fast reflexes retracted his hand, shoving it in his pocket. Slowly turning his head towards Masuyo, she didn't seem to notice his odd behavior. Thank god. Otherwise, his heart would jump out of his throat and bury itself in a hole.