Chapter 7

He didn't say anything at first. The brown eyes widened as if he couldn't believe what they were showing him. His friends read the situation and determined that this was not a conversation for them to listen to.

"(Y/n)... I... it's been..." he snapped out of the confusion "They told me you were looking for me but I couldn't believe it!"

Christopher smiled and shook his head. But suddenly his friendly eyes turned dark.

"Why didn't you send me any letters?! I haven't heard anything from you in a year!"

You froze at his reaction. The white dog in your lap let out a quiet growl.

Christopher continued: "And now you just show up out of nowhere, expecting me to help you?! I'm not even sure if you care about me anymore!"

Don't care about him anymore? Where is he getting all of this?, you thought and the the ice in your veins warmed up.

"Chris...stopher. I know I should have wrote you, but I wasn't sure whether or not you wanted me to."

The young man combed his hair with his fingers and the built up anger left his eyes.

"Of course I wanted you to write me," he said in a soft voice and sat down on the bench next to you " I was worried sick. I... care about you, you know."

The white dog gave the brown haired boy a judgmental look, but stopped to look up at you as you continued petting him.

***

The reporter silently drummed on the table as he read the article over and over again. Her friends. It was a pictured her friends. He shook his head and took a deep breath.

Wait, where is she? he thought and stood up. Where is Milou?

Tintin walked over to the door but hesitated for a second. 

What if she's with Christopher? But I still have to find Milou. If I see something I'm not supposed to I'll just blame it on him. What am I thinking? Why would I care if I see them together?

The young man sighed and put his thoughts in the back of his mind.

***

"Christopher you don't understand! I-"

"Don't Christopher me! I understand that you don't think I'm good enough for you! I understand that you want someone who thrills you, and that you don't think that could be me. But  I would have done... would do anything to make you happy!"

"Please Chris... you're scaring me."

"Don't you think I was scared?! Don't you think that knowing that you were out there, all by yourself scared me? That you had no one to support you? Don't you think that made me suffer each and every minute?!"

Tintin could hear the loud voices coming from behind the corner. He stood there for a while just listening.

"You didn't even say goodbye" he could hear your voice trying hard to keep from breaking.

The young journalist noticed how the one called Christopher, the guy you had been looking for, took a deep breath.

His voice was rough and dry when he started talking " You understand that you broke my heart right? That you can't just show up here and act like nothing changed that day!"

Tintin had listened enough. The young reporter backed away quietly, stopped, and started walking towards you with his shoes hitting the ground loudly.

"Milou?"-it got quiet around the corner-"Milou?"

He walked around the corner and tried his best to act surprised when he saw your tear-striped cheeks. The young man on the other side looked as if he was about to break. The chocolate brown hair was messy and the eyes were red as if they were holding back tears.

"(Y/n), are you okay?" he hurried over to you "What happened?"

You took a deep breath "I'm fine, we just got into an argument."

You looked up and gave the brown haired boy a dirty look.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-" he tried.

"(Y/n), I brought some interesting books with me, if you want to we can go get them right now."

You nodded silently.

***

He got you to smile again.
He got you to laugh again
And again
And again and again.
His stories were just the most amazing ones. You liked the way he always took your questions seriously and sometimes lowered his eyebrows when he had to think about the answer. Or how he blushed a little every time you gave him a compliment.

"You've been almost everywhere! I'm jealous!"

The boy with the blue sweater got quiet.

"We still have to ask Christopher the questions."

The sudden subject change chocked you.

"I know" you sighed. "He is not usually like this. He just... I don't know, didn't expect me to show up all of a sudden. I promise you that he will help."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Milou growled quietly next to you on the bed. Tintin stood up from the chair and went over to the little fur-ball.
A silent knock hit the door.
The two of you looked at each other. The Captain would have walked right in, so this was new.