Chapter 11

Chris did not like Tintin. Not. One. Bit.

He couldn't help it. He was jealous of the way you smiled at him, the way he seemed to make you feel comfortable. He didn't know if he was hurting because it was Tintin who was making you feel like that or the fact that you hadn't smiled like that when you were with Chris. Love is strange.

He sat back and searched in his mind for a way to get you back.

***

The airport felt like a beehive: planes flying and people buzzing around like stressed worker bees. You on the other hand were excited. You hadn't been to Christopher vacation home in a while and if it was as beautiful as you remember it would be hard to leave it again.

Someone tugged at your sleeve.

"We have to go" Chris said, smiled and nodded to an old clock hanging on the wall in the corridor.

Tintin and the Captain were standing further down the hall. You couldn't help but notice how the light from one of the windows painted the copper hair gold and how the reporter seemed to have this glow around him. His eyes were not on you though, he was busy focusing on the little white dog that -for the first time since you'd met them- was put on a red leash.

"I would love to have a dog like that one day," the sound of Christopher voice sent you back to reality, "if I got you one what would you name it?"

You looked at him and laughed. "You would get me a dog? You?"

"Well, maybe." Chris smiled.

"In this theoretical scenario" -you sighed- "I... I guess I would name it... Wait! Is it a boy or a girl?"

You snickered as Chris shook his head. His behavior could be so strange sometimes.

"I don't know! A boy?"

"Hmm... Freddie maybe? Yeah. That would be cute!" you finally answered.

"You would name a dog Freddie?" Chris scoffed.

"What's wrong with the name Freddie? Is it not good enough for you? Huh?"

"No, no I-"

"Do I have to name my dog something ridiculous for you to like him? Like Fitzwilliam?"

"I think Freddie is a darling name for a dog," Tintin entered the conversation, "but Fitzwilliam is pretty unique I would say."

"Told you it was great!" you mocked the brown haired boy.

"What ever" he muttered.

"Do you like Jane Austen?" Tintin asked.

You blushed as Chris decided that he was not going to stay in the conversation and walked ahead of you.

"I think she's great, her writing is just fantastic" you replied.

The reporter did not seem to notice the heat rising to your face "There's a reason that she is so popular I believe. Someone like that only comes around once,"

"I totally agree" -you smiled- "Although, I don't know why she named Mr. Darcy Fitzwilliam. There's nothing wrong with being named Fitzwilliam it's just like you said: unique."

The freckles on the young mans face got squished as he laughed,

***

"Wake up cranky" Chris said.

You had fallen asleep on the train taking you from the airport to the little village in the mountains.

"You don't have to call me cranky" you said tiredly.

The others laughed. It was true: you had been a bit cranky before falling asleep. The long flight and lack of snacks didn't make you the nicest person on this planet.

You closed your eyes and tried to catch just a few more minutes of shut-eye.

"Y/N!"

You sat up straight.

"We have to get off the train!" Christopher stern voice woke you up again.

They had taken all of their bags and yours as well. The only thing they were waiting for now was you.

"Alrighty then" Chris said after your eyes closed again.

He scooped you up, just like he used to when you were a couple, and carried you in his arms all the way out into the warm night. A train whistle later and you were in a cab together with your friends. Next to you was Tintin. You didn't need to open your eyes as you could tell that the Captain was in the front seat talking to the cab driver. You were resting your head on Christopher's shoulder (he had been very eager to tell you to) and you glanced over at the redhead.

He was watching you. Not in a creepy way, of course. He looked more like he was trying to figure out if you were comfortable next to Chris or not. When he noticed that you were mirroring his actions he looked at you as if to say:

Are you and Chris a thing?

You smiled a little and let your head rest on the beige trench coat of the reporter instead and the little white dog in his lap wagged his tail. Tintin tensed up at first, but after a while he relaxed and became comfortable.

The last thing you saw before falling asleep was the snow white dog's dark eyes.