Scars from the Past

3rd Person POV

Flashback

Resembool, 1904. A young Edward Elric runs through their family crops to see his mother, Trisha Elric.

Young Edward: Hey Mom! Mom!

Trisha: What do you have there, Ed?

The young boy runs up to his mother, concealing something in his hands.

Young Edward: It's a present! I transmuted it!

Edward holds out his hands and reveals a small transmuted dog.

Trisha: (Rustles Edward's hair) You did! You're your father's son alright. Thank you very much, that's an amazing thing you did. Creating something like this takes talent. But...

Edward looks around and suddenly finds himself in his basement again, and to his horror, sees his disfigured mother staring down at him.

Trisha: If you could do that... Why couldn't you make mommy better, Ed...?

Edward slowly backs away from his mother but ends up hearing another voice from behind him.

???: Big brother...

The young boy turns around and sees Nina and Alexander standing next to each other, smiling at Edward. However, the two of them begin to merge together into their monstrous chimera form again.

Nina: Let's play...!

Edward's eyes shoot open, revealing that the whole endeavor was just a nightmare. The rain pours down from outside the brother's windows, as Alphonse goes to check on his older brother.

Alphonse: Brother, are you alright? You were dreaming.

Edward just looks at his brother before looking down and bringing his leg up to his chest. The horrible fate that befell Nina still clearly on his mind.

Timeskip

After a few hours, Edward and Alphonse arrive at Eastern Command and goes to knock on Riza's office door. But... He couldn't bring himself too.

Thankfully, he didn't have too since Riza opens the door shortly after and is met face-to-face with the Elric brothers.

Riza: What's the matter you two? You're up awfully early.

Edward: We... need to know. What's going to happen to Tucker and Nina?

Riza's eyes widen slightly as she had to be the one to break the news of what happened with Tucker to the two young boys.

Riza: After Mr. Tucker was stripped of his certification by (Y/n), he was set to stand trial for what he did to Nina. But... They're both dead.

Alphonse: Dead!?

Edward: Wha...!?

Riza: (Walks away) You'll find out anyways so I'll just tell you. They've been murdered.

Edward: What! How! By who?

Riza: We don't know. I'm was just heading over to the scene now.