The Führer's Son

3rd Person POV

During the day, still needing to search for May, Edward and Alphonse had both luckily found a lead. Apparently one woman apparently had a "cat" that looked exactly like the Xiao-Mei in Edward's... "Drawings"...

Edward: Yeah, you're right...

Alphonse: It does kinda look like her...

As Edward lowers the drawing, the cat they managed to find... Was not the cat they were looking for... Despite the... Very oddly striking resemblance to Xiao-Mei.

Turns out, instead of finding a small panda, all they ended up finding was a very odd looking cat, comparable to what Edward actually perceived Xiao-Mei to be

Turns out, instead of finding a small panda, all they ended up finding was a very odd looking cat, comparable to what Edward actually perceived Xiao-Mei to be... A very strange creature with unique features...

Unfortunately, Edward and Alphonse, once again came up dry when it came to finding the missing panda and missing girl. All they could do was watch as several kids ran around their garden as the old woman started to comment about her strange cat.

Older Woman: She's a darling girl, isn't she?

The "cat" meows at the brothers, leading to the two of them to turn their backs to the old woman and for Edward to yell out in frustration for being misled... Again...

Edward: That's definitely not her!!!

Alphonse: Yeah, I know.

Edward: We can't afford to waste our time here humoring some old lady and her stupid cat! (Annoyed sigh)

As Edward let out an annoyed and disappointed sigh, Alphonse looked at his drawing of Xiao-Mei, wondering what they should do now. Considering that had absolutely no clue as to where May could be, the two of them were completely stuck at a dead end with no leads anywhere.

Alphonse: (Looks at his drawing) Come on...

Edward/Alphonse: Where are you hiding?

Meanwhile

The missing girl and her panda were no longer in Central anymore, instead, she was in East City. Which would explain why Edward and Alphonse didn't find any leads to where they were, all May was doing was running down the road, carrying a bag of groceries with her for the long road up north with the others, heading out to the train station so she could meet up with Scar and Yoki, so they could find the notes Scar's brother left behind, to try and find the secrets of the alchemy in Amestris...

After some time, May and Xiao-Mei had arrived at the train station, where several trains had just arrived. As May wandered through the station with great speed, she suddenly slowed down once she started to approach some officers, listening in on their information, retaining to a certain Ishvalan.

Officer: We've received some new intel on Scar.

Second Officer: He's still running, then? Does he ever give up?