Filial Affection

3rd Person POV

In a flashback retelling of the events that took place just mere moments ago on this night, in a pitch black forest, the voracious Homunculus known as Gluttony was locked in a one-sided fight with the young kunoichi from Xing known as Lan Fan. In this fight, Lan Fan completely had the upper hand against Gluttony, unable to even figure out where she was coming from. Later in the night, the Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric was locked in combat with another Homunculus, the first one that was created, Pride the Arrogant. Edward was busy fending off Pride's shadow tendrils doing everything he could to make sure they couldn't hurt him or any of his friends.

Narrator: Backed up by the newly restored and automail equipped Lan Fan, Ed battles the Homunculus known as Pride. As the fierce battle rages towards the Promised Day, Ed manages to safely retrieve Al from Pride's clutches. Faced with the possibility of losing the fight, Pride devours Gluttony in order to obtain his abilities.

While this was going on, back over in Central, Mrs. Bradley, the wife of the missing Führer King Bradley, was seen sitting in her car, all of her bodyguards being swiftly taken out by several figures.

Narrator: Elsewhere, Colonel Mustang joins up with Lieutenant Hawkeye and Lieutenant Colonel to lead his subordinates on a mission to kidnap the Führer's wife and take her as their hostage.

With that, all the events were set in motion, everyone was getting ready for when the sun rises on the next day... When the Promised Day finally comes around and brings about the biggest change in the entire history of Amestris...

Meanwhile

Back at the outskirts of the slums, hidden in the dark forest, a man was seen comforting his son, trying to shake him back to reality, the forever immortal scholar, Van Hohenheim. After successfully freeing Alphonse from Pride's grasp, Hohenheim had quickly gotten Alphonse to the side to keep him hidden from Pride so that he didn't get possessed again.

Hohenheim: Al! Can you hear me? Come on... Wake up! Alphonse!

Elsewhere with Pride and the others, the arrogant Homunculus sniffed the air, now given an enhanced sense of smell thanks to devouring his brother Gluttony. Sensing the familiar scent in the air, Pride silently growled to himself, knowing just who this scent belonged to.

Pride: I know that smell... Tell me something, Edward. Do you think your father would step forward to save you if I chopped off one of your limbs?

With that, Pride sent multiple tendrils towards Edward and his friends. From this, the group dodged all of the oncoming attacks, trying to find any opening they could to counter Pride's attacks and deal any damage to the arrogant Homunculus. Edward was actually left on the ropes, being backed up against a tree, barely able to dodge the final tendril that was sent his way, just narrowly missing the young alchemist's face.

 Edward was actually left on the ropes, being backed up against a tree, barely able to dodge the final tendril that was sent his way, just narrowly missing the young alchemist's face