The Promised Day

3rd Person POV

At the home of the Führer, the leader of Amestris, Führer King Bradley, aka the secret Homunculus known as Wrath, was locked in deep combat with his brother, the confused, and now renegade Homunculus known as Greed. The two were evenly matched, with Greed holding his own against Bradley's swords thanks to his Ultimate Shield, all the while Bradley's family could only look on in horror at what was happening.

Mrs. Bradley: Darling!

Bradley: You and Selim, stay back!

Veins formed on Greed's face, his confusion and anger only growing as he was continuously denied the answers he craved as to why he was feeling this way. Why he was remembering so many memories from his past life and why the other Homunculi had lied to him. Growling in anger, Greed glares at Bradley, demanding answers as more flashes appear in his mind about his friends.

Greed: Well... Maybe you can explain this, Wrath. (Sees more flashes) What the hell is happening to me!? Why am I seeing these things!? They keep clawing at the inside of my skull! And why are you there!? Why do I remember you, Bradley!? (Presses harder) Tell me! Why did you destroy my possessions!?

From off to the side, Mrs. Bradley held her son, Selim, in her arms, cowering in fear as Greed and Bradley fought each other. However, unbeknownst to her, Selim wasn't who he appeared to be. In truth, he was the first Homunculus, Pride the Arrogant. Recognizing Greed as a threat and a potential problem in the future, Selim attempted to make his shadow grow hands and kill him before he could do anything to compromise their plans.

Fortunately, Bradley seemed to have it under control, confronting Greed directly on his comments on how he had taken away all of Greed's old possessions all the way back when he came to Dublith.

Bradley: You miss your things? You're a foolish pack rat clinging to garbage, Greed. Quit craving the past!

Greed: Bastard!

Pushing down harder on Bradley's sword, Greed started to gain some ground on his brother, naturally startled by this, Mrs. Bradley backed away in fear, accidentally knocking a tea cup onto the ground in the process. However, this turned out to be just the distraction Bradley needed, as Greed ended up getting distracted by the cup, providing Bradley with an opening to force Greed off him. Leaping over Bradley, Greed landed on the fireplace, dodging more of Bradley's sword thrusts, blocking it with his Ultimate Shield.

Realizing he was outmatched, however, Greed tried to distract Bradley by tossing a plate off the fireplace to try and get away

Realizing he was outmatched, however, Greed tried to distract Bradley by tossing a plate off the fireplace to try and get away. Jumping off of the fireplace, Greed was quickly being overwhelmed by Bradley and his masterful swordsmanship, combined with his Ultimate Eye. Soon, Bradley managed to land a hit on Greed, slashing his chest with his sword and managing to pin Greed down in a corner between his stairs.