Daydream

3rd Person POV

In the abandoned mining town of Baschool, a man stands atop an abandoned building, holding a young girl under his arms... The man, whose face was obscured and hidden behind shadows, glared down at the man beneath him... A man in a completely fashionable white suit...

From above, the man spoke to the person below him. The identity of the man above was soon revealed... The vengeful Ishvalan vigilante known as Scar. Beneath him was the rogue State Alchemist, the Crimson Lotus Alchemist, Solf J. Kimblee. Their long-lasting rivalry would finally come to a head...

Scar: Tell me something, Kimblee... Do you remember when we first met? It seems we've changed places!

Kimblee: You shouldn't be so confident!

From back down below, the Fullmetal Alchemist, Edward Elric angrily started running towards Kimblee, clearly less than pleased by the sight of Winry Rockbell, his childhood friend in the hands, clearly in mortal danger.

Edward: (Charges towards Kimblee) KImblee! Damn you! (Grabs Kimbee's coat) Tell me why! Why is Winry here!? We've finally got Scar cornered, and now he's taken her hostage. Because of you!

Kimblee: Stand aside.

Backing off just a little bit, Kimblee slowly slipped off his gloves, revealing the two transmutation tables on his hands. Spreading his arms out, Edward immediately figured out what Kimblee's plan was... Use his extremely destructive alchemy on the building, obliterating Scar... With Winry along with him...

Edward: What are you doing!?

Realizing that Kimblee was about to use his alchemy on the building, tearing it down along with Scar and Winry, Edward stepped in and blocked Kimblee's arms, blocking his hands from connecting and preventing him from activating his alchemy.

Edward: Stop! Stop this now, Crimson Alchemist! Can't you see Winry's up there with him!? I won't let you attack! Besides, we lost track of Nana and Soma in the explosion! For all we know, they could still be in there!

Kimblee: Why can't you just stay out of the way?

Unfortunately, seeing as how Edward had stopped the transmutation from occurring, Scar had the perfect opportunity to use his own transmutation, completely shattering the side of the building and kicking up a massive cloud of snow and rubble, completely blocking everyone's sights. In the confusion, Scar saw it fit to take his leave, taking Winry along with him as his hostage.

Kimblee: Not so fast, Ishvalan!

Soldier: (Holds Kimblee back) No, wait! It's much too dangerous to get close to the building.

Second Soldier: Everyone, fall back!

Third Soldier: A snowstorm! Hurry!

After a while, Edward, MIles, Alphonse, and a couple of soldiers all started walking through the coming snowstorm, all of them thinking about what they should do now with Kimblee, now that Scar's on the loose in a snowstorm. However, Miles still had some praises for Edward on his little rant to Kimblee.

Miles: That was a convincing performance.

Edward: It wasn't a performance. I'm every bit as angry as I sounded back there. I feel so worthless... Having to put on this stupid charade!

A small truth is revealed... Though the anger that Edward felt was genuine, it seemed as though the entire plot of Scar capturing Winry was just a ploy...

Flashback

Earlier, before Scar escaped, Winry and Scar had a face-to-face conversation. With Scar now restrained, she could finally get some answers off of her chest from the vengeful Ishvalan.