Episode 7: The UA Sports Festival finally starts

Takumi was sitting at the prep room set up for Class 1-A. It was finally the day of the UA Sports Festival. Takumi checked JARVIS' update and sighed. 98%. He had hoped JARVIS' new update would be complete before the first round started but it seemed like he would have to go the first round without it.

'Just a little while more and you'll finally be whole again.' Takumi thought as he remembered one of the worst days of his life.

Flashback:
It started out as a normal Saturday with Takumi playing with Astro. Takumi spun around the robot and dribbled the basketball he was playing with before he shot the ball. The ball flew toward a nearby basketball hoop and it hit the rim. The ball then spun on the rim and then fell into the net.
"YES!" Takumi cheered. Astro chuckled.

"Alright. Looks like I'll have to take this seriously." The robot told his creator cheerfully. Suddenly other kids, also playing at the public park where the Sakai family was at ran past Takumi and Astro. Then... everything changed.

Takumi noticed people started screaming in pain. People all around them were hunched over in sheer agony. Takumi looked up to see something hovering in the sky. Something so big, Takumi imagined it was how the Death Star must have looked in Star Wars. Suddenly, a voice was heard loudly, all at once... by every one all over the world.

"People of the world, this is Victor Von Doom, better known to you all as Doctor Doom! I have tried time and time again to expand my power across the world and every time Pro Heroes such as The Fantastic Four stand in my way! Now, it shall be no more. Everyone with a quirk is likely feeling the effects of my latest creation... the Death Mask. By the command of Doom, the Death Mask is programmed to attack the senses of any with altered DNA... but I can also switch this frequency to also cause the same agony to quirkless people as well. The demand I have for the world, in order to spare them from this fate, is to submit yourself to me! Doom will accept nothing except world domination!" Doctor Doom announced.

"Why isn't All Might stopping this?" A quirkless civilian asked.

"He has a quirk.... He won't be able to respond to Doom's threat. No Pro Hero can." Astro answered in sheer horror. Takumi flinched when he heard more screams of pain. The sound of these screams would forever haunt his nightmares. Suddenly... a loud ringing, more piercing than any sound Takumi has heard before rang in his ears. The frequency had just been switched and the sheer pain came. Takumi felt his senses go out of control... the sheer pain he was in.... He couldn't form any coherent thoughts. He yelled in agony as he started to feel like he was going to lose his lunch. His stomach felt like it was going to explode inside him. Takumi had no idea what was going on... and then the pain stopped. As the boy started to catch his breath, shrieks of terror filled the streets again as those with quirks were now being targeted again.

"There is only one way to stop Doom!" Astro spoke before he activated the rockets on his legs  and started to fly toward Death Mask.

"Astro, no! Astro!" Takumi yelled.

"You built me to be your friend but also to protect you... if Doom can hurt everyone he wants, whenever he wants, then you will never be safe from him. The world will never be safe from him... I'm sorry. But this is my purpose, I will obey." Astro replied. Astro then flew back down to Takumi and handed him a computer chip. It was Astro's back up data.

"Astro... why are you..." Takumi started to ask before Astro shook his head.

"I have some weapons systems but I wasn't built for battle. I probably won't make it out of this in one piece. But with this chip, you will still have me around to look out for you." Astro explained. Takumi looked at Astro in horror.