Episode 11: The lunch amongst heroes.

If someone ever told quirkless boy, Takumi Sakai that he'd be eating lunch with some of the most legendary heroes of all time, Takumi would have never believed them, yet, he found himself eating lunch alongside the Fantastic Four, members of the X-Men, and even the Sorcerer Supreme.

"So, kid. I'm sure most of the crowd are feeling pretty surprised that a quirkless guy not only made second place in the obstacle course but also helped his team get fourth in the cavalry battle. How does it feel to know that people will probably remember you after the festival ends?" Scott Summers asked as he passed Takumi a plate with some slices of pepperoni pizza.

"I haven't really thought of that. What I have been thinking about since I first got transferred into the hero course at UA was the fact that many people would believe a quirkless hero is pretty much a dead one. Everyone kind of thinks that a quirkless person would just try to fight a villain in the same way they might be able to take down a powerless purse snatcher, but the truth of the matter is, quirkless bodies don't have the power for it. I figure that if one lacks in natural physical power, then they should use their brain in order to equal the playing field, and in my case, it's my technology that keeps myself and others safe. So, yeah I haven't thought of the idea of people just knowing me after today is done... I've just been thinking about how I need to work a whole lot harder and be a whole lot smarter than my peers just to do what they do. Being a quirkless Pro Hero isn't going to be an easy path, but I'm going to tackle it because I know I can." Takumi explained.

"What made you decide to become a hero? Why go on a path that many have considered impossible. I'm not telling you to abandon your dreams, far from it, but I am curious to understand why you want to be a Pro Hero so desperately." Charles Xavier told Takumi. Takumi sighed as he thought about how he wanted to answer the question. 

"I want to be a Pro Hero because there are still so many people who feel ignored and unseen. Even with the Symbol of Peace watching over us, there are still so many people around the world who feel like no one cares about them or their problems. Especially in quirkless neighborhoods. I know that the quirkless people of the world only make up around 20% of the world's current population, but in a world filled with millions of people, that means there are still a lot of us out there. I grew up in a quirkless neighborhood in the United States, and no one gave a damn what happened to us." Takumi explained before he sighed, knowing he was going to have to elaborate. 

Flashback:
Elementary school was supposed to be a time when kids could be kids and their innocence would be maintained.  It was supposed to be a time in people's lives when the simplicity of childhood filled their dreams with optimistic outlooks on the future. But for Takumi and his neighbors, it was anything but. It was an everyday thing as kids got picked up by the bus to go to school that they would pass by the corpses of people they may have known. People torn limb from limb by some jerk with a quirk who knew that no one would blink if they stole from or even murdered anyone in this neighborhood. No one cared. Police hardly ever came by, only coming once a month just so they could say they patrolled the area. The local government never bothered to fix the parks of the quirkless neighborhoods. This was a hero society after all, so why would they ever choose to do anything for the children who would never have a shot at becoming heroes?

"Why is old man Kerry on the ground?" A new kid in town asked as the bus drove by the mangled corpse of an elderly man, torn apart by a guy with a similar quirk to Wolverine. 

"Because it's just how life works around here." Takumi replied with no emotion. He hated to say it, but no one else was going to. 

"Is anyone going to help him get up?" The new kid asked. 

"There's no point. He's dead." Another child answered. The new kid gave them a look of shock. What was WRONG with this place?

"Welcome to the quirkless slums. Where no one gives a care what happens to you. If you are quirkless, then you have no potential to become a hero, and in this society... nothing else really matters." Takumi stated.