Chapter 13: black leather gloves

I froze when I heard Keanu's voice on the other side of the door, what is he doing here?.

What if he told Martin that I'm the traitor?.

This time he will surely kill me with no care who my family is.

I hesitated before I knocked on the door with my trembling hand, I tried to calm myself down by taking a deep breath in.

"Come in", Martin's voice said from behind the door.

I opened the door and Keanu's face was the first thing I saw, he had very fair skin and very dark hair, which made him look like a ghost, in all the times I have seen him he was wearing a black suit with black leather gloves.

When his eyes met mine a smirk formed on his lips, I tightened my fists so hard as I put on a big smile.

"Lilian meet alpha Keanu", Martin said.

Alpha?!.

How can an alpha be one of the revolutionaries?.

"He works with our pack, and was my dad's best friend", Martin finished.

I almost gasped when I heard the last sentence, I looked at Keanu with wide eyes.

"I gotta say Martin your mate looks like a princess", Keanu said from his seat, "she's so pretty".

Martin glared at Keanu and clenched his jaw before looking back at me.

I opened my mouth to talk but a knock on the door shut me up, a maid showed up behind it and told Martin that his grandfather is asking to see him.

"Well then, Lillian can you show Keanu the way out?", Martin asked as he headed towards the door," I hope we will see you again soon", he said to Keanu while shaking his gloved hand.

"I'm sure you will", Keanu nodded his head deliberately.

Martin left and I turned to Keanu that started walking slowly around the office inspecting the papers that were on the desk and flipping through the books on the shelves.

"What are you doing here?", I whispered angrily.

"Why are you whispering?", he whispered back.

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms, he frustrates me so damn much.

"So tell me, what do you want to receive first? your dad's head or your sister's heart?", he said as he took a seat in Martin's chair behind the desk.

I felt my blood start to boil and all I wanted to do was to jump on him and rip him to shreds.

"Don't touch my family!", I uttered furiously.

He let out a laugh as he leaned back in Martin's chair.

"God girl, making you angry is becoming one of my favorite hobbies".

"You promised you wouldn't hurt my family if I found out something that might benefit you, and I did, I discovered something that can destroy a lot of people in this pack if it gets out".

"What is it?", he said rubbing his hands together.

"I..", I paused because the feeling of guilt almost suffocated me, I knew from the start it would not be easy but I didn't imagine I would feel this guilty.

"Carla was cheating on Martin's dad ", I said quickly.

Keanu raised his eyebrows and looked at me surprised.

"How did you know?", he asked.

"Martin told me", I hated myself at that moment, I'm sure it took a lot from Martin to tell me that secret and I spilled it to this asshole.

But my family's life was on the line, I won't risk it, so I had to choose.

And I will always choose my family.

"Did he tell you anything else?".

"No, but this is a big deal", I argued," it can cause a lot of chaos in the Pack".

"It's not enough, I want something that will destroy the pack not just shake it", he said tapping his fingers on the desk, "anyway I want you to find out more about the pack's security, plus I can see that Martin hasn't marked you yet, get it done soon so that he can trust you, that will pave the way for us to have a better grip on him and the pack".

"No, I won't do that, I'm not gonna let him mark me just for you, you have no say in this thing", I said crossing my arms.

He pressed his lips together then got up and started walking slowly around the desk.

"Did you just say no?", he said lowly while getting closer to me with each step.

I felt fear creep up my body before I stood up and took a step back, and with every step he took towards me I took one back.

"I-I'm sorry", I stuttered, suddenly I hit the wall behind me and I had no more place to run to, I felt my breath quicken, I glanced at the door and back at Keanu that was so close to me.

In a second He wrapped his hand around my neck and pushed me more into the wall, he choked me as I struggled for air.

"When I tell you something, you obey", he said in a low tone in my ear.

I tried to nod my head but his hand was gripping my neck so hard I couldn't move my head, I couldn't breathe and my body writhed uncontrollably.

I looked into his eyes as tears started forming in mine," p-please", I chocked out gasping for air.

"You can't choose what you want or don't, if I tell you something you do it with your mouth shut", with every word he let out he tightened his grip more and more.

I felt light-headed and my eyes started to close slowly before he let me go, I fell to the ground and took a deep breath in, my chest was heaving up and down quickly, I looked up at him and he was looking down at me with disgust.

"Every few weeks I will come here, I want to know everything about Martin, is that clear?", he said yanking my chin up," and next time I see this beautiful face you better have his mark on your neck".

He dusted his suit and adjusted his leather gloves.

"I know my way out", he said walking to the door, I heard the door close behind him as I looked down at the floor.

I have never felt so low in my life, I didn't even cry, I felt numb.

I stood up and rubbed where his hands were, I had only one thing on my mind, to save my family, I will ignore any feelings that might hinder my way, I don't care who I hurt anymore.

If saving my family means bringing this whole pack down, I am ready for it.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Please vote and comment.

I'm posting this chapter even though no one read the previous ones😂, but I know someday someone will read this story.

Xoxo