chapter 9: a pile of rocks

I felt safe and warm as I was dozing in and out of sleep, something heavy was on top of me that was keeping me warm but it was also crushing me, I guessed it was a very heavy blanket so I tried to push it away, but instead of the soft fabric I expected to touch it was warm skin.

I opened my eyes immediately to find martin's face nuzzled in against my neck, his forehead pressed to my cheek and our limbs tangled together.

I felt my heart swell and butterflies flow around in my stomach as I watched him nestled against me as he let out soft steady breaths.

I couldn't help but smile because he looked like a peaceful baby and not the grumpy alpha he is, suddenly his hand reached out and pulled me tighter to him, I felt suffocated under his weight and I needed to pee so bad so I tried to pull him away gently trying to avoid waking him up so that he doesn't get grumpier than he already is but he didn't even budge.

I got tired of trying and realized that there was no other way to move him other than to wake him up.

"wake up", I said shaking him gently, "you're crushing me, Martin get up".

he opened one eye and as soon as his sight landed on me he backed away immediately.

"what are you doing in my bed?", he asked with a husky voice still half asleep.

"I was asleep obviously", I answered rolling my eyes," and even though it's your bed it doesn't give you the right to get this close to me while I'm asleep", I argued pretending I didn't like having him glued to me.

"I didn't even touch you, you wrapped yourself around me", he said irritated.

"excuse me? I fell asleep here before you even came, you're the one that got in bed even though I was already asleep in it, and on top of that you hugged me", I exclaimed.

"I didn't notice you were sleeping here, if I did I would have woken you up and told you to go sleep on the couch", he replayed rolling his eyes.

he got out of bed as I shook my head before yawning and stretching, I felt relaxed after waking up for the first time since I got here.

it must have been the comfortable bed.

Carla and nelly took me out shopping later that morning, it was nice getting out of the castle for a little bit.

"what do you think about this?", nelly said holding a light pink short dress, a very short dress.

"it's beautiful, but it's a bit too short don't you think?", I said looking at the dress .

"so what? It's pretty and I'm sure it will look good on you ", she said.

" I don't know, I don't want to buy a lot of things, I already don't feel comfortable with you paying for me", I explained.

I never liked when people paid for me, it always made me feel uncomfortable and embarrassed.

"Lillian please stop saying that, I told you we have more money than we can spend in our lifetime, you don't have to feel uncomfortable, we are definitely not gonna go bankrupt because of some clothes", nelly explained nicely.

"come on let's go try on these clothes", she said walking towards the changing rooms.

they ended up buying me more clothes than I will ever need, I still didn't feel comfortable about it so I told them that in return I will cook them dinner when we go back to the castle, they agreed curious to taste the food I make.

when we arrived at the castle max was already waiting for us at the door.

"Finally you're back", he said approaching us, "I spoke with Martin and he said it's okay for you to train with me as long as you don't try to run away", he scoffed.