chapter 2: marriage or death

I wanted to open my eyes but I felt so exhausted I couldn't even open my eyelids.

"go check on the alpha", I heard a man's voice say

I opened my eyes slowly to find the man that pulled me back to the cottage kneeling next to me staring at me wide-eyed while holding my shoulders.

"What happened to me? why am I on the ground?"

Memories of what happened came to my mind, so I tried to get up to run away again, but the man held me down.

"You passed out, don't worry we'll take care of you ".

"why would you do that? I thought you were going to kill me ", I asked confused.

"Just please sit down and try to relax ".

he was a different man than he was ten minutes ago.

"I'm Jared by the way", he gave me a small smile that I returned with a confused nod.

"Why are you so nice to me all of a sudden?"

"You don't understand what had just happened?" he gave me a confused look like I was a stupid girl that didn't understand something obvious.

"Is there something I should know about? I know I fainted, but that was because I had a panic attack ".

" You have no clue about what happened to you? ", Jared asked surprised," I mean I can smell that you're a werewolf, a strong one, so how come you know nothing about what had just happened between you and the alpha?" he looked at me suspiciously.

"a werewolf!?"I said in disbelief, "you mean the ones they write about in stories?".

I started laughing, what the hell did this man smoke?.

This wasn't supposed to go like this, all I had to do was: come, see and go back, but instead, now am laying on the ground in a forest with a dizzy head and a crazy stranger holding me.

"look when the alpha returns he will explain everything to you, and he will decide what is going to happen ", Jared explained.

I nodded slowly, I needed to think of a plan to run away before he returns.

but that was too late, two of the men that were in the cottage returned with frightened faces, "the alpha will be here in a minute ".

Jared nodded and looked back at me with a nervous expression.

"come on", he helped me stand up on my feet.

I felt my head spin and lost my balance, immediately Jared put his arm behind my back to steady me on my feet.

suddenly I heard a loud growl from behind, I looked back to see a huge black wolf with sharp fangs, immediately Jared pulled his arm away from behind my back.

It was bigger than the wolves I've seen, its fur was so black like charcoal, and I was so mesmerized by its green eyes that stared so intently into my own.

The wolf started walking slowly towards me, and I felt a very strange feeling that was a mix of fear and excitement, and with every step it took closer to me that strange feeling intensified, until only about three steps were separating us, it was towering over me, I felt tiny next to it.

"alpha do you want some clothes?" asked one of the men politely.

the wolf nodded its head as I furrowed my eyebrows confused at what just had happened.

the man took out a black shirt and some gray sweatpants from a bag he was holding and gave them to the wolf that took them in his mouth and trotted back behind a tree.