chapter 6: gentle move

two days ago I was just a simple girl with a simple life that wanted nothing more than to make her parents proud, to enjoy life, help people, and find true love, as boring as that sounds it was better than finding out that my grandma wasn't crazy when she used to tell us that we Descend from a werewolf line.

a knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts, I opened the door to find Carla holding a tray with a plate of soup and some bread that made my stomach growl.

"I guessed you would be hungry", she said smiling.

I nodded my head and took the tray from her.

I sat on the Couch and she sat next to me.

the first sip of the soup immediately made me feel better, I didn't know how hungry I was until I started eating.

"thank you, it's delicious".

"your welcome, I don't usually cook but I made it especially for you", I smiled as I ate another piece of bread.

"I don't have a phone because we communicate through mind linking, but I promise you tomorrow morning I will send someone to buy you a phone ".

I was disappointed that I had to wait until tomorrow to speak with my parents but at least someone was helping me.

"what is mind linking?", I asked curiously.

"its like telepathy, we can talk with each other through our minds, it doesn't matter how far two people are, if they have a link, they can mind link".

"Woah that's crazy, but what if you don't want someone to get into your head?".

she chuckled softly, "you can block someone from linking you, it's like building a wall or freezing the link, no one can link you if you don't want them to".

"if all werewolves can mind link how come I can't? maybe that proves that I'm not one", I asked hopefully.

"have you ever shifted before?".

I furrowed my eyebrows confused, "have I ever what?".

she covered her face with her hand before lifting her head and looking at me amazed.

"you really have no clue about our world", she said shaking her head, "okay I'm gonna explain everything to you".

" go on", I don't know why I felt excited to know about this"world".

"When a werewolf starts turning into a teen their bone structure becomes stronger than before, and that enables them to shift which means to turn into their werewolf form, but they don't shift immediately, they have to train so that their body can get stronger to stand the first shift because its the hardest shift, when the pack's trainer sees that they are ready they wait until the full moon and at midnight they do something like a meditation to focus on their inner wolf, if their mind is focused enough their wolf awakens and that's when things begin to get ugly, every bone in the body breaks and cracks several times, the pain can be so strong that some puke or faint, the shift continues from two to four hours", I grimaced at the amount of pain for that many hours.

"but then you turn into your wolf form", she continued proudly," and you feel like you have been reborn, it's the best feeling ever that makes you think that the pain was worth it".

"and then what?" I asked eager to know more.

"and then you become a real werewolf, you can mind link, your senses get more intense especially your sight, smell, and hearing, you become fast, speedy healing abilities, and many other things ".

"but do you have to go through that painful shift every time you want to shift?".

"oh no it's painful only for the first time, but then it becomes like cracking your fingers".