chapter 5:the whites

I opened my eyes slowly praying that everything was a bad nightmare and I'm still laying at my bed in my home, but the bed I was laying at , and the room around me proved me wrong.

I saw that it was already sunset outside, it was a beautiful mix of orange and red, this is my favorite time of the day, and I love spending it alone, but right now I want nothing more than to be with my family.

I got up and went to check if the door was still locked, I tried to open it several times before I gave up, my blood started boiling, how dare he leave me in a room and lock the door.

I've never been more frustrated in my life, I was so angry I didn't realize I was kicking the door but it seemed to help so I kept kicking it with all of my force.

" that bastard ", I screamed, " I'm gonna rip his head off".

my knee started bleeding but I didn't stop, there was too much anger in me that needed to be let out," let me out or I will break thi-".

I was cut off when the door opened suddenly and I fell forward, but before I hit the floor a strong arm encircled my waist and pulled me up until I was face to face with martin, we were so close, my hands were on his chest and his arm was around my waist pulling me tightly to him.

I felt his hot breath on my cheeks, and his eyes looked into mine so intensely that my breath hitched in my throat, he looked at my lips for a second before I pushed him and stepped back.

I tried to regain my breath before I noticed the same woman from before standing behind martin with a little smile on her face that grew when she saw me looking at her.

"Are you okay sweety? I heard kicks and yelling that's why I called martin to come up", she was still smiling but with worried eyes.

I nodded my head embarrassed, "I'm fine".

martin was glaring at me before he turned around to leave.

"I need to talk to you", I said, "you can't just lock me up in here and refuse to talk to me".

"what do you want to talk about ?".

"I don't want to marry you".

"We made a deal, and you know well the consequences of breaking it ", he said coldly.

"I don't want to be your wife" I spit out.

"We are never gonna be a real husband and wife, our names are gonna be next to each other, but we will never".

"We can find another solution just le-".

"Are you stupid?", his tone was higher than before," do you think you can change my mind with your pleadings? huh? "

I tried to stop my tears from falling because he didn't deserve to see me like this, he didn't deserve to see me so vulnerable, but I couldn't, I was so broken I didn't even have the energy to hold back my tears.

"martin she's bleeding", I heard the woman behind him say before he looked at my knee,"This is not the right time to fight", she said before passing him to stand next to me."I will take care of her, and you need to calm down fast because this is not acceptable", she said strictly.

he looked hard at her but she didn't falter and looked even harder before he turned around swiftly and walked away.

she closed the door behind him and turned to me with a sweet smile on her face.

"I'm Carla, martin's mother", she said nicely.

"Lilian", I replied.

" I wish we had met in better circumstances, I have been waiting to meet my son's mate since forever".