chapter 8:traitor

maids were running around cooking and preparing the table as Carla and I entered the kitchen, after knowing that martin's siblings and grandparents were coming back earlier than expected Carla called all the castle workers and they came hurried to prepare for their return.

the maids were looking at me curiously as they greeted Carla.

"welcome luna", a middle-aged woman said bowing slightly.

"hey maggie", Carla said patting her on the shoulder, "this is Lillian, Lillian this is maggie our main chef", she said gesturing to the both of us.

I shook maggie's hand as she smiled nicely at me.

"So when is everything going to be ready? we have about half an hour left before they arrive", Carla said.

"We finished all the cooking, we are going to prepare the table and everything will be ready", maggie said in a professional voice.

"perfect", Carla smiled as she took a last look at the kitchen.

"let's go wait in the living room", I walked next to her through the corridor that was full of people running around.

"why did Maggie call you luna?", I asked while we walked.

"Luna is the woman leader of the pack, normally its the alpha's mate but since Martin didn't have a mate I had to be the luna".

I nodded my head quietly.

" how long have they been gone on that hunting trip?", I asked as I took a seat on one of the living room chairs.

"for a month,they traveled to different places that's why it took them that long".

"and what do they hunt?"

"mainly elk and deer for their meat, but sometimes strong members hunt a tiger, a bear or a different wild animal, they embalm the animal and keep them as a symbol of their power", she answered.

I widened my eyes at that, those people are hella weird.

I couldn't just say that so I nodded my head.

about twenty minutes later a maid came into the room.

" luna they are here", she said excitedly.

"Okay thank you", Carla said before we got up and walked through the entrance hall, and out the castle's door were four jeeps entering the patio.

"where is martin?", Carla asked the maid that was standing next to her.

"the alpha is in his office", she said politely.

"Can you please go tell him that they arrived?", the maid nodded before disappearing behind the door.

"mom", a girl with light brown hair and glowing skin like Carla shouted excitedly as she opened the jeep's door, Carla opened her arms widely as the girl ran to her mother's embrace.

they hugged tightly with big smiles on their faces that made me smile subconsciously.

"Mom you're strangling me", the girl said after a minute trying to push her mom away gently, "mom", she said laughing before Carla pulled away and cupped her cheeks.

"I missed you so much nelly", Carla said with teary eyes.

"I missed you too mom" before nelly could finish her sentence two guys came trotting across the patio and crashed Carla in a big hug, she was on her tiptoes trying to hug both of them, they were tall and full of muscles like martin, they even had the same jawline and full lips like him but their eyes weren't green, they looked like a younger version of him.