Family

Hydrus happily left Twilfitt and Tattings with his items shrunk into a pocket he had realized was in his skirt. He walked down the slowly dimming walkway and slipped into Knockturn Alley. The witch, Sahra, his new friend, told him of a wand shop named Olivia's Wands.

Turns out, she and Olivander had been at each other's throats since school, Olivander made wands with only light objects and from light creatures, while Olivia believed that witches' and wizards' strengths should be shown through both.

Hydrus gasped happily as he saw it and hurried in. The place was beautiful. It wasn't messy or crowded like Ollivander's. There weren't many premade wands but the ones that were there were neatly stacked in emerald velvet boxes. There was a sitting area to the right in front of a fireplace and, overall, the place just gave off a homey feeling.

The neko walked up to the engraved stand in the middle and rang the bell. He heard movement from the back and before long, a, quite beautiful, older woman stepped out. "Well, hello. My name is Olivia."

"Hydrus."

"What brings you to my shop today, Deary? A premade wand or would you prefer to make your own."

"My own, please. My old wand isn't right, it's honestly feeble, so I was wondering if I could just start over."

"Well, of course, come to the back with me and I'll get you started." The neko followed the nice woman to the back with a smile. She seemed nice. "Now, let me see that old wand."

Hydrus handed it over and she scowled. "Ollivander. He couldn't make a strong wand if it killed him."

"Agreed, the only part I wish to keep if I can is the Pheonix feather in it. The only reason I matched with this wand is because of it. My mate has a Pheonix feather core as well, from the same Pheonix."

"Aww, well, I'll give it that. At least I get to destroy this monstrosity. Now, let's start with wood. Remember, unlike Ollivander, I am not limited to one wood, liquid core, or solid core. Pick as many as you need."

Hydrus smiled and nodded before turning to the first table. It was covered in different types of wood. He closed his eyes and hovered his hand above the center, letting his magic guide him. The pull was strong, his hand flew over to a piece of wood and he picked it up, opening his eyes.

"Petrified Giant Sequoia, very rare and very powerful." Olivia took it and Hydrus tried again. He did it three more times and got two more kinds of wood, each one slightly weaker but important. Juniper and Cherry.

Then came the liquid cores. It was the same process. Dark Unicorn blood (Willingly Given), Dragon blood (Willingly Given), and Basilisk venom (Willingly Given). After that, the solid cores. The Pheonix feather, Acromantula silk (Willingly Given), and Dementors cloak (Willingly Given).

"Your wand shall be very powerful indeed. This will take me a while but I'm excited to make it. I will have it sent to you once it's done. Where shall I send it?"

"Um, is it alright if I have my owl come pick it up? I'm not sure where I'll be and I don't want to chance a thief."

"Smart thinking. Of course, you can, send them tomorrow night. That should hopefully be enough time."

Hydrus smiled and bit the kind woman farewell. He left the shop and saw it was about 6:30. 30 minutes until he met his family. The neko walked quickly out of the alley and back to the bank where he was immediately taken to a small sitting room connected to Griphook's office. He could sort of hear the conversation when his family arrived.

His family. A real family. Then, at 9:00. The talking stopped. His family was told everything. From when he was kidnapped till now. Hydrus's thoughts were cut off by the door opening somewhat harshly. His father and brother stood fuming at the door with his angry, yet composed mother behind them.

Hydrus fully expected to be hexed and screamed at, but he was surprised when he got pulled into a tight hug by everyone. They were letting out apologies and all the neko could do was smile and purr.

The hug lasted for about five minutes before they slowly broke apart. They stared at each other with regret, sadness, and joy all at once. "I'm so sorry, my little Hydra. I wish I could take back everything I've done."

"Me as well, brother."

"And me as well, my baby."

"You three don't need to apologize. It wasn't your fault, it was that scum Dumbledore's."

"But we still added to your pain."

"But I've forgiven that."

The three blondes looked at him in shock. "After what that old coot put us through, put me through, I'm just glad to have parents, especially ones who care like you."

The sweet moment was interrupted by Griphook. "I apologize for intruding, but we must ask for you to continue at your home. The bank will be closing and many of our goblins have families to get home to as well."

Hydrus smiled. "Thank you, Griphook, and we'll be leaving now."

The goblin nodded and the family left to the floo. Hydrus felt odd when he didn't fall flat on his face. "Come, son. Your room has been waiting. Since you were still in the nursery when we lost you, it's very plain, so you'll have a blank canvas for when you stay here." His father seemed to hide a bit of pain at the mention of Hydra's past.

"Stay here?"

"Yes, well, I figured you might like to properly meet your mate soon. He'll be sent to Gringotts in about two days to learn about your real story."

"Oh, well, does that mean I won't get to see you?"

"Oh, no. You'll be able to see us all the time. It's just, Our Lord is a rather possessive man. I don't think he'll want to wait to meet you and have you move in." Narcissa's voice was loving and concerned.

None of them knew if the teen would accept the Dark Lord. "I don't mind. I just didn't want to have to leave you guys. I haven't had a family before and I don't want to lose you."

The other three hugged the neko. Hydrus had never felt so loved in his life the male relaxed in the hug with a small smile. His life was finally about to get better.