Light Always Dies

The end of the school year came too quickly. So much had happened in those months. Fenrir, Sirius, and Remus had adopted five orphaned wolf pups after they found out Sirius's womb was removed in Azkaban. In the midst of the excitement, they forgot to renew the infertility charms and Hydrus became pregnant once more.

He had twins, identical little girls named Winter Lily and Summer Poppy. They were both switch vampires with wavy brown hair and red eyes. Hydra then got his uterus removed which made for a grumpy vampire. The students on the other hand were happy to help take care of all the new children and they said it made for perfect practice. Soon that small amount of peace would be permanent since the ministry practically handed off most power to them.

Fudge was chased out of office and the Minister position was given to Lucius. Under Hydrus and Tom's lead, he abolished any negative and biased laws against creatures and spells. Now dark arts were well-practiced and the muggles were being brought out of their world. They would make the most changes when Dumbledore was dead. They had upped their numbers back to fifty, but it still wasn't enough. They tried to prevent the ministry's new power but failed. This was their last hope.

~~~

Dumbledore led the small group across the bridge to the open area. Hydra stood next to Tom with his head held high. Deatheaters and older students who wished to participate stood around the area. The rest were hidden under multiple layers of strong wards in the Slytherin dorms. They wouldn't get hurt. "This is your last chance, Voldemort. Give up the school and ministry or you, your mate, and your children shall die."

The dogs made low growls in their throat while the royal couple stood with unimpressed faces. "You've already tried to kill us. It didn't work then, it won't work now. Unfortunately, I cannot let you live. You'd never leave us alone otherwise."

The final battle was finally in progress. Tom and Dumbledore were left on their own. Hydrus fought between the Potter twins. Everyone there besides Percy and Ginny was over 40 and was weaker than their competition. It wasn't long for the Weasleys to be captured and the rest dead. Meanwhile, Tom and Dumbledore had found their way onto the roof. Tom amused himself by drawing out the battle.

Dumbledore was weak but determined. "I will win Tom! Wizarding England will bow to me!"

"I don't think so."

One well-placed cutting curse sent the elder wand flying and the old man to the ground, surrounded by the bodies of his followers. Hydrus walked up and took the wand that had landed near him and circled back to his mate who had apparated off the roof, giving it to him. "Starting now, the Wizarding world is safe." Tom decapitated him easily and Hydrus did the same to the Weasleys.

The war had ended and they were finally safe.

~~~

Hydrus smiled as he stared at his three-year-old quadruplets and nearly two-year-old twins playing. The eldest ones were running across the large playground they had built for all the students while the youngest were being pushed on the swings by some older students. Tom was in a meeting with Lucius about the specifics of the new set of laws they were hoping to pass.

Ever since the war ended, Hydra had stepped back a bit. While he was still considered the Queen, he wished to spend more time as a mother than helping with the ministry. They had accomplished a lot in the past two years and the wizarding world was safe. Muggleborns were taken and put in a magical orphanage where they were always quickly adopted out to loving parents. They were replaced by squib babies and muggle orphans.

Creatures were now able to live and work without fear. There were still people against creatures working and living with witches and wizards, but new laws were strict about discrimination against someone for any reason. Dark arts were in full practice still with regulations but no complete bans.

Draco and Aria got married a few months after the twins were born and now had a seven-month-old dominant dark veela named Pisces. She was beautiful with jet-black, curly hair. Fenrir, Remus, and Sirius's eldest three were in their fifth, third, and second year with the youngest two joining next year. Severus and James were happy as the potions teacher and flying coach. Nick and Ezra had gotten a late creature inheritance from their blood adoption and were both dominant vampires with a shared Fairy submissive, Theodore Nott.

There was no more bullying, house supremacy, or bias in the school anymore. All students were held under the same rules, points had to be fairly distributed, and any sign of a teacher playing favorites was reported immediately. Luna Lovegood had finally mastered her seer abilities and taught a divination class at Hogwarts. She and Neville had also married but chose to not have children.

Hagrid retired and, surprisingly, Ezra and Nick took up the Care of Magical Creatures class. Draco and Narcissa decided to work in the infirmary and Aria taught Charms after Flitwick retired. Severus and McGonagall were still the assistant headmasters, but Minerva hinted that she may leave soon as her age was catching up to her. Bill, Charlie, and Percy tended to visit their brothers. They accepted Severus and James's offer of blood adoption as well and were now happy to be without the Weasley name.

All they had to do now was watch their children grow up.