Uh Oh...

Two weeks had passed since that night and Hydrus had been acting odd to Tom. He was always smiling, giggling, kissing, and cuddling him, and sometimes he would be sick in the morning for the past week but would be fine after. The vampire was concerned, although, everything but the vomiting, was welcome to the possessive man.

Right now the neko was skipping around the garden, ignoring some flowers but burying his nose in others while his mate, pretending to be finishing paperwork, watched him from his office window with an adoring yet concerned look. He sighed and turned around to his desk where he quickly and neatly wrote out a formal letter to his love's mother. She was the only person he could trust in this situation.

Giving the letter to Hedwig, he gave her a treat and sent her off to her master's parent's manor. He looked back out the window and gave a small smile as he saw Illusia had joined the neko. The forest fairy was floating above Hydrus's head, sometimes using her powers to help some flowers heal or grow. Sometimes she would even change their colors to entertain her master.

Sighing, the elder vampire opened his window and whistled. Both the creature and the small creature looked up and Hydra began walking to the man's office when his mate motioned to him to come. Illusia continued to walk and float around the garden as Tom closed his window once more.

The older male sat in his chair just before his door opened and his beautiful Hydra walked in. The male was wearing a beautiful flowing blue dress with flowers of all kinds printed on it. His shoes were white flats and fit nicely as he bounced his way over to sit beautifully on the man's lap, leaning over a little to peck his cheek.

Tom chuckled and let himself fully smile as he pet his little mate's head. "Hello, Love. I apologize for making you come inside, but I've contacted your mother to come over."

"Really? Yay! I can't wait to catch up and maybe even have tea out in the garden."

"Darling, while you can do that, I didn't contact her for just a get-together."

The neko looked confused. "Why then?"

"You've been acting off, My Love. Don't get me wrong, I love how cuddly you've been, I honestly wish you did this more, but I'm worried about you getting sick and the sudden change. Normally you'd be settled and fairly calm for at least part of the day. I just want to make sure someone hasn't secretly slipped you a potion somehow."

"Oh, well, I'm not sure. Other than the vomiting, I just feel relaxed and content, even directly after I get sick. Now that you mention it, it is really odd."

Tom let out a silent sigh of relief that Hydrus didn't fight it. They sat cuddled on the chair for a few minutes before the wards willingly let someone in, notifying them Narcissa was there. Sure enough, a minute later a frantic family was rushing through the office door yelling their son's or brother's name and asking if he was alright.

The vampire could feel himself getting a little annoyed, especially as his mate was yanked from his lap and into his family's poking and prodding. "Everyone! Enough! Narcissa won't find out what's happening if you don't stop."

The three blondes felt themselves blush as they stepped back and let Hydra sit back down on Tom's lap. "Now, Narcissa, Hydrus has been acting off these past few weeks and I was hoping you could tell me why."

"Right, well, what are the unusual symptoms?"

"He's been overly joyful and giddy, which isn't bad, but definitely off, but mostly he's been throwing up every morning for the past week but feeling as ecstatic as always right afterward."

Narcissa's face seemed to perk up in surprise and question. "Do you mind if we move him to your room for a test? I would get a better reading with him laying down and it'd be more comfortable for Hydra to not have his brother and father in the room with him."

"What are you planning on doing?"

"Hydrus just needs to have his abdomen exposed. I don't think any of you boys would be comfortable with them seeing him that exposed."

Tom growled while Lucius and Draco nodded. They loved him, but it would be very weird for them to see their son/brother like that. Tom was just a possessive bastard and barely tolerated the fact that Narcissa had to be there while Hydrus was half-naked.

The vampire nodded and picked his neko up before walking to their bedroom with Narcissa right behind. Lucius and Draco decided to wait in the closest sitting room to talk while they waited. The dominant placed his mate on their bed and shut and locked the door behind his mother-in-law as well as closing the windows and drapes.

Narcissa rolled her eyes at the actions, but Hydrus giggled. "Alright, darling. If you'd like you can place your lower half under the blanket."

Hydrus nodded and let Tom help him cover his legs before taking off the dress to show his slightly protruding abdomen. The neko squirmed as he felt uncomfortable being shirtless in front of someone who wasn't his mate, but Tom wrapped his arms around the neko's chest and gave him a kiss to make him more comfortable.

"Alright, darling. This may be a bit cold." The only woman poured a bit of lukewarm gel on the small stomach and spread it fairly evenly across the smooth surface. She then took her wand and began a spell making glowing blue light shine from her wand and the thin layer of gel. Soon enough she was done and wiped the sticky substance off her son.

The vampire helped his mate get dressed again as the witch had a paper appear in front of her. She read it thoroughly before gasping. "What, Momma, is everything okay?"

"Oh, yes, baby. Everything is perfect! You're having a baby!"

Hydrus gasped and squealed along with his mother as they hugged tightly and Tom stood frozen. "How did this happen? I've been so careful to prevent this?"

The neko froze as tears, pain, and betrayal flooded his eyes. "Do you not want a baby?"

"No, no, no, My Love. My biggest wish is to have as many children as you want, but we're in the middle of a war. What if they kill or take them? I can't stand the thought of it happening to you let alone them. If you all get captured or killed I'd never be able to survive."

Hydrus let out a sigh of relief and smiled at his distressed mate. "Nothing will happen to us. You'll be right next to us and if you want you can even assign guards to us. We'll be fine."

Tom took a breath and nodded at his mate. He crawled into the bed next to his neko and placed his head lightly on his stomach. He felt the smallest amount of magic moving inside.

"This is adorable but you need to know about the pregnancy."

The couple looked at the woman and waited. "Vampire pregnancies last five months, but neko pregnancies last three. Since a neko is carrying and a vampire helped produce the baby the pregnancy will last about two to four months."

"We'll have to postpone the battle till the baby's at least six months. I'll send out the message tonight, but only the inner circle will be told why. I don't want the light to find out if we have a traitor."

"I can't wait for our baby to be born." The submissive said while rubbing his mate's hair.

Narcissa smiled and continued her information. "Your morning sickness should be gone next week and your belly should expand more after that. I'll leave you two alone."

The woman left as Hydra smiled at Tom. "We'll go baby shopping after my morning sickness is over. Okay?"

The vampire nodded and kissed the small belly carrying his heir. He dozed lightly with his mate following after hearing shouts of joy from his father and brother in the sitting room.