Taking Back Home

Finally, it was time for the Dark to claim Hogwarts. Neither would admit it but Hydrus and Tom missed the castle they called home dearly. Not to mention, the children were four months old and crawling. They wouldn't be safe much longer.

Orchid, Violet, Aster, and Bluebell were hidden in the manor with the Lestrange twins who were upset at missing the fight but jumped at the opportunity to protect their future princes and princesses. Unfortunately, Severus had to keep up his teaching role so he had to leave a week ago and his duties were passed to the twins.

Hydra had the most challenging time saying goodbye as the children had to be hidden before the group could even prepare. He hated the thought of leaving his babies. The neko cried for two hours in his husband's arms and Tom wished he could let his darling hold their children, but it was for their safety.

The taking of Hogwarts would be tonight at the sorting ceremony and Albus Dumbledore would be gone. Ministry officials would be going in first. While the ministry couldn't legally involve itself in the war, this was a matter of property. They simply came to them with the fact that Hogwarts belonged to them and not the ministry, so, legally, they had to hand it over. They would follow behind and enter the hall for dramatic effect when the timing was right.

Hydra sighed as he brushed his hair, ears, and tail. He was wearing a beautiful dress, his crown, and had a cute purple bow on his tail. He was kind of stressed even though the plan was flawless. Even if Dumbledore tried to fight either in the school or in court he would lose. He shook his head and put his mask on. He was being silly.

Just then Tom exited the bathroom with freshly dried hair and his nicest robes. Hydra gave a little smile before finishing his brushing. "How do I look, Tom?"

"You look as ravishing as ever, Kitten."

Hydrus gave a little blush and turned to the opposite side of his mate. Tom came up to his neko and turned his head back. "You look gorgeous when you're shy, flower." The male couldn't help but giggle like a little girl. It just made the blush worse.

Unfortunately, they had a castle to claim. They shared a quick, sweet kiss and strode from their room with linked arms. The outer-circle was already standing hidden around the school, watching the students enter the school. The inner-circle, excluding Severus, was waiting in the dining room.

They apparated at the same time and landed gracefully near the gate of the school. All of the students were already inside minus the first years who were still rowing. The minister and two guards met them and they followed the three to the main door.

Fudge continued forward into the hall with the guards while the rest stayed behind. The Minister stopped the sorting just before it began. They could hear him speaking. "I'm sorry, Albus, but some things have come up that are out of my control."

"What is it, Minister Fudge? What could be this important?"

"It's about the school, Albus. The heirs to all four houses came up to me and decided to stake their claim on the school. They are the proven heirs."

"Well, why should this be a problem? Who are the heirs?"

Before Fudge could speak, Hydrus, Tom, Bellatrix, and Lucius stormed through the doors. "The Dark Lord is the Slytherin heir and the Dark Lady is the Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Gryffindor heir."

The room was shocked into silence. "There must be some mistake."

"I'm sorry, Albus, but the school is now in the hands of the Dark Lord and Lady. The ministry has no control over the school anymore besides making sure no harm comes to students."

The ministry officials left while Hydrus and Tom walked up to the stage. "Now, we must get things going. My Dark Lady and I shall share the role of headmaster. Professors Snape and McGonagall shall be the deputy headmasters. Any teachers who wish to leave can."

Only Albus left. "Very well. Classes shall be postponed for a week. In that time all students shall be resorted as we believe Dumbledore may have messed with the system. We shall also be removing and gaining classes so everyone will have to reschedule themselves. Is that understood?"

Nods and yes headmasters made their way around the giant hall. "Good, now, we should get on with the first year's sorting and dinner."

The couple looked over and fitted the table properly. Severus and McGonagall sat to their left and right while their chair expanded to fit two. They sat as McGonagall and Severus took turns with the sorting. The sorting hat was happy he could finally place students in their rightful houses.

Once the teachers sat down, Hydra stood and the children went silent. "Thank you all for being so well-behaved. Both of us have realized that there are many dangers here that could harm students. As a precaution, guards shall line the halls, all rooms shall be cleared of dangerous or untamed creatures, and the dark forest is being cleared out as we speak. Quidditch shall remain as normal, but there shall be adults around to prevent as many injuries as possible."

Hydra sat but Tom took his place. "Also, bullying shall be strictly prohibited. Just because someone is different or isn't in the same house doesn't give you the right to physically, mentally, or emotionally hurt them. Anyone caught shall be sent to our office immediately. Thank you."

He sat down and the feast appeared. This war is almost won.