Walking with Muggles

Tom growled as he looked around the area. Muggles surrounded him and his disguised lover as they made their way through the streets with the two-week-old babies and dogs. The dog's leashes were attached to each side of the four-seat pram the babies were settled into. Aster and Violet in the back and Orchid and Bluebell in the front.

All of them wore their respective colors Aster black, Violet purple, Orchid pink, and Bluebell blue. Tom was wearing his usual black trousers, shoes, and button-up while Hydrus wore a cute black dress and heels. The dogs each wore a diamond-encrusted, black dragon hide collar and matching leashes. The neko, disguised as a normal woman happily pushed the pram after begging his mate to let him.

The only reason the muggle-hating man was there was that his beloved wanted to have an evening out without anyone knowing about the quadruplets. Death Eaters would see them in Diagon or Knockturn Alley and they didn't want to take that risk. They also couldn't go to another country or even continent because of running into their followers and the children were too young.

So, the gothic-looking family walked down the busy pavement. The dogs did a good job of keeping people away but they definitely gained a lot of attraction as well. They were walking around with four babies of the same age and two giant dogs. That wasn't exactly a usual sighting, well, anywhere.

Either way, Hydra, going by Harriet, skipped happily along with his family until suddenly turning and entering a shop. Tom was confused for a bit before noticing it was a pet store of sorts. Looking around, one could tell it was quite a pricey shop, but the dark man didn't mind if it made his mate happy.

The disguised neko walked about, sometimes grabbing things nicely off the rack or shelf and either putting it back neatly or placing it in the basket laid on the pram. So far, he had two large, standing bowls, a few organic treats, a few collars, and some toys. As they walked to the register after picking out all of their items, they couldn't help but notice a commotion.

Standing at the register was an older woman with a small dog who seemed very stressed. She was screaming at the young lady behind the counter who seemed to be near crying. "How dare you try and make me pay full price? Do you know who I am? I've been shopping here for years and am a very loyal customer! Go get your manager! I've never paid full price here!"

Tom went off to find the manager himself while Hydra walked up to the scene. "Excuse me, is there a problem?" The two looked at him, the girl seemed a little relieved while the old woman turned her anger onto him.

"This has nothing to do with a freakish, slutty girl like you! Having so many children when you are one yourself! Go mind your own business!" She continued screaming at the girl again.

Hydrus, being overly motherly, parked the pram next to the counter and was glad it was an open one. He hugged the girl to him who immediately curled into him. That was when Tom appeared with the owner himself who was quick to jump in between his employee and the psycho.

"Ma'am, I'm going to need you to back up and stop screaming."

Finally, the woman calmed her yelling. "Well, the idiot girl should learn to respect her betters. I'm friends with the head manager and I always get at least a fifty percent discount. She should have known that."

"Madame, I am the owner of this establishment and I have given no one the right to have any sort of discount. I suggest you either pay the full price or leave without these items. If you continue to yell and cause a scene I will have you removed permanently."

The shocked lady huffed for a few seconds before aggressively moving out of the shop with her poor dog in tow. The owner turned to the other three and slightly smiled as he saw the tall man had joined in on the protective hug. "I apologize for that, I do not condone that kind of behavior in my store. Aria you may stay till the end of your shift and receive full hours, but you are excused from any duties. Thank you two for getting me and helping her. I will get someone to cover her spot and you can go back to your business."

The couple nodded at the man before herding the shaking girl to a nearby chair that was next to their children and dogs. Hydrus could sense something within the girl, but was too focussed on if she was alright to pinpoint it. "Are you alright, sweetheart?"

Aria nodded. "Yes, I'm just a bit shaken up. I've never had someone yell like that before. Thank you for asking, Mrs.?"

"Riddle, Harriet Riddle and this is my husband Tom."

"Thank you for helping me. I've never been yelled at like that at this job, it's why I like it so much."

For the first time, Tom spoke. "Don't worry about it, sweet one. After all, we witches and wizards must stay together."

She gasped. "H-how did you know?"

Tom smirked. "I could feel your magic radiating off you. You are quite powerful. Why aren't you in school?"

Aria sighed. "My mom is a druggie and an alcoholic who didn't want me to go to a school. She said she'd teach me, but I ended up teaching myself. Mostly just theory and not practice."

The couple frowned and looked at each other with the same plan in mind and nodded before turning back to her with smiles. "Well, how about we teach you? You can come over to our house and we'll give you free lessons."

The girl looked surprised. "Oh no, that's too much. I can't ask that of you."

"You won't be asking much of anything. We'd be more than happy to do it as we have a lot of spare time."

Aria smiled at the kind people before her. "Thank you, I can't tell you how much this means to me."

Harriet hugged the girl. "Don't mention it, Sweety. We're honored to have you with us." The girl hugged back and they let go after a few seconds.