A Pack Divided

Hydrus's heat hit two days after, delaying plans a bit, but not that it really mattered. Luckily the infertility charms worked and the neko remained nonpregnant much to Tom's vampire's dismay. Two months after was the same story. The children hit ten months when Severus went back to tell them he was free from the oath. It was August thirteenth and the battle would be on August 20th. Both sides were ready.

It wouldn't be the final battle, but they would be cutting the Order down to the last loyal Weasleys and Dumbledore. Then the final win would be easy and quick.

~~~

The kids were at the school while Tom and Hydrus lay in front of the lit fireplace in the main family room. They could feel the shocks of the wards they had weakened ahead of time as they entered. Not to mention they weren't exactly quiet on their way through the manor, even though they were trying to be sneaky.

The couple still pretended to not notice while a few hundred death eaters hid behind doors and charms. Then the Order was behind them.

"Well, Tom, looks like it's the end of the line.

They looked around in pretend shock while the leader of the light shot them with a stunning spell. Everyone was shocked as it was intercepted. Death Eaters seemed to spill out of the walls. The Order was driven past the garden, but new wards kept them from running. Those that tried to run through them disintegrated. It didn't take long for nearly every one of their members to lay dead in the grass.

Severus was happily unmasked as he killed the real Mad-Eye Moody and Kingsley Shacklebolt. He had learned those two, other than Dumbledore, were his mate's two worst tormentors. James was there as well with their sons showing just how good they could be at fighting. Scorpius and Salazar had run into the battle from the garden to join in.

In a total of fifteen minutes everyone but Molly, Arthur, Percy, Ginny, and Dumbledore was dead. The eldest glared at Severus who got wrapped inside his mate's arms before retreating.

This war was won.

~~~

School began and no light families were to be found. Any orphans had been adopted by dark or grey families and they all seemed happier in general. Luckily, all were old enough to understand the situation and none held any grudges against their headmasters.

By October, the school celebrated the quadruplet's first birthday. They combined Samhain traditions with it since it was easier on the students than having two different parties. Now it became a thing where everyone's birthday was celebrated by the whole school. If birthdays collided, they all got to celebrate in their own ways. Overall, this school really was becoming a second home for these students.

But the war wasn't over yet. The last five members were still alive and fighting even though they would lose. They used the twin's animagus forms, identical magpies, the same as their Patronus's, to spy on the hideout. The last battle would be at the end of the year at the school. However, they did find out where Sirius and Remus were after talking to some portraits. Apparently, they were hidden behind the portraits of Quartz and Alder.

Hydra was more than happy to get them.

~~~

Fenrir walked behind Hydra with impatience. He hadn't been with his mates for years. They, luckily, would still be getting fed though since Dumbledore renewed the two-year-long spell the day before he was kicked out. Helga Hufflepuff's portrait was in the middle of the Hufflepuff garden attached to their dorms. The lovely woman was happy to let them in when Hydra presented her cup to her. She felt horrible about letting Dumbledore in when she heard the truth. She had thought the man with him was evil.

Quartz, like all badgers, was fairly aggressive, but she smiled when she saw the goblet and happily opened up when given the password after a short conversation with her master's heir. Inside was a small room with a toilet and bed. Remus was sitting on the bed.

He was the switch in the relationship, so he could handle being without his mates well enough. That being said, he still ran up and jumped into Fenrir's large arms. The werewolf was happy to have one of his luna's back. They stayed in that position for a while kissing, whispering, and hugging. Now they had to get Sirius. The library was full of students happily studying and talking quietly, so they got a lot of weird looks when they saw their two headmasters with a slightly dirty male hanging onto a man they had never met before.

The largest shelf in the restricted section was against the eastern wall. The largest book was tall and held 30,000 pages. Tom pulled it down and the bookshelf spread apart to reveal a dusty, but beautiful library. A simple charm cleared it up, revealing a reading nook with stairs to it. In the center was an eagle. He gave them a menacing glare. "You do not belong here. Only those related to my master belong here."

Suddenly, statues of eagles on the shelves and lights came to life and dived at them. Everything stopped as a blue glow caught the eagle's eyes. Hydrus had put on the diadem. Without another word, the eagles returned to their places and the portrait opened. Inside was Sirius. He was shivering in the furthest corner. He stopped as he saw his mates.

He had no problems with running to the bigger men. They encaptured his whole body as he cried and whimpered like the puppy he was at seeing them again. Fenrir gave the couple a grateful look and promised them his permanent loyalty.