Sixteen Years

Severus walked to a cabinet in the wall and opened it to show rows of potions in stasis charms. It was a modified form of veritaserum that caused severe pain to the drinker when they even thought about lying. The dark man winced as the men he thought of as his children drank the potion without hesitance. He knew their intentions were good and they wouldn't lie, but he was still scared they would get hurt.

The process went by quickly as the twins answered quickly and honestly about what they believed in. The submissive vampire rushed to give them the antidote when they were done and fussed over them. The redheads smiled as they finally had a mother figure to care for them. It was on their way back when they mentioned that they might have found James Potter.

Severus froze as Tom and Hydrus whipped around to stare at the three following them. The professor seemed to be digesting the words that fell out of Fred and George's mouths. They had found his mate. "What did you say?"

"We found him."

"We believe anyway."

"Dumbledore keeps forgetting how sneaky we are."

"He didn't put up silencing wards and we caught enough of his conversation to figure out a few places he could be."

"He was talking to Arthur about him still being in Hogwarts."

"But the location was blurry.

"He simply talked about a hidden dungeon."

"Apparently, Gryffindor and Slytherin created it."

This was confusing to everyone but Tom. Even the twins, who thought they knew every secret passage in Hogwarts didn't know the school had cells. Tom did though. Salazar Slytherin's portrait in the Chamber of Secrets told him about it. He even showed him the worn map that the man now kept in his Gringott's vault.

The dominant lead the group quickly to his office. "I know where the dungeons are." He said as he sat in his chair, pulling Hydrus into his lap. "Hogwarts used to be the Slytherin family castle until Salazar signed the other founders into the name. They rebuilt part of the school so the real dungeons were hidden. Only Salazar and Godric had a way in."

"How did they keep it hidden from Rowena and Helga?"

"They trusted the two would destroy them. I have the map of the rough location of the entrances and what they look like. Salazar hid his behind a portrait of a male western green mamba in the dungeons and only parseltongue can open it. Godric hid his in the Head of Gryffindor's room behind a portrait of a lion. The Gryffindor sword is the key."

"Well, we shouldn't invade Minerva's space by rushing into her rooms. I think we should find Salazar's entrance. Since we both speak parsel it shouldn't be an issue." Hydra also didn't want to have to get the Gryffindor sword from his vault which also housed Helga's cup and Rowena's diadem since they were confiscated from the light as they tried to steal them.

They chose to meet in the Headmaster's office the next day with just them and had a happy Narcissa babysit. George and Fred wore masks and cloaks so no one could tell who they were. They left while the students ate breakfast and followed Tom to the location. Most of the map was faded so there were three large corridors the picture could be hidden in.

It took them three hours before deciding to take a break. They had searched up and down and couldn't find a single glimpse of the right green mamba portrait. They found multiple normal ones since it was the snake in the Slytherin crest, but none moved. Hydrus leaned against a wall and shrieked as he almost fell through it but luckily Tom caught him. The wall seemed so normal and no magic could be traced on it, but there was obviously something off.

Tom reached through before cautiously walking through the fake wall and the rest followed slowly. In front of them was a short hall and at the end was a giant portrait of an angry snake in a frame shaped like the Slytherin crest.

It hissed and glared at the group who approached for the first time in thousands of years. ~Who dares enter Salazar's dungeons?~

Hydra stared at the snake in awe. ~You are very beautiful.~

Now it was the snake's turn to be stunned. ~You are a speaker?~

Tom answered that. ~Yes, we both are. I am the heir of Salazar, and this is my mate. The ones behind us are our family. We do not wish harm. One of our friend's mates is being kept inside, and we must go rescue him.~

~Yes, Oxil, Gryffindor's lion, has told me an old man came in years ago with a male, he couldn't stop him since he had his master's sword. I shall grant your passage, but, if you know who the Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or Ravenclaw heir is, tell them they should visit their founder's animal portraits~

The couple looked at each other. Hydrus was curious. ~Why?~

~All of the founders made their house emblems after their familiars after they passed in memory. Each one represents their values. I was Salazar's, my name is Skree, Oxil was Godric's, Helga had a badger named Quartz, and Rowena had an eagle named Alder. They miss being able to talk to their master's heir.~

Hydra looked at his family excitedly. ~This is amazing! I am the heir of Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff! Where can we find Alder and Quartz?~

The snake froze for a second before hissing in delight. ~So, the founder's houses have been combined. Your children shall be powerful. Quartz is in Helga's private kitchen behind her portrait, the password is cauldron cake. Alder is in a hidden section in the forbidden section. Pull the largest book on top of the largest shelf, just be careful. Now, you should probably be on your way.~

Hydrus smiled and Skree opened the portrait door. The inside was dark and filled with dust. There were twenty cells in total. Severus froze as the door shut behind them. "I haven't smelled his scent in so long." The tears streamed from his eyes as a sudden relief overtook his body. He ran ahead with the twins behind him. The Dark Lord and Lady gave each other a knowing look and followed.

The twins stood to the side as Severus was kneeling in front of the door to the last cell. Inside was a shaggy-looking man. His hair would be down five inches past his feet if he were standing. His facial hair was no different. His clothes were torn and his feet were bare. Eighteen years of dirt, dust, and grime covered the male. "James!"

Severus was trying to open the door but magic didn't work in there and, as a submissive, he didn't have the strength to open it. A groan made everyone pause. The weak veela was struggling to wake up. Eventually, his eyes opened and he sniffed around. His wings popped out as he smelled his mate. The once shiny black wings were now tattered, but luckily not damaged. "Severus."

Tom was quick to force the door open as the twins went to find the keys for the chains on his arms and legs. Severus ran to his dominant and nearly squeezed the life out of him. James did his best to cuddle back to Severus, but he was too weak. The last time he was fed was a month ago when the magic Dumbledore used to give him food wore out.

The twins were back quickly with a keychain with five keys on it. One for the cell and each chain. It wasn't long before James was free and the twins and an arm each over their shoulders. Severus kept a hold of his worn clothes as Tom led the way out while holding his neko close. Skree gave them a nod and wished them well as they apparated to Riddle manor. Since they took over, students of age and teachers could apparate all they needed. James was taken to Narcissa and Draco immediately for healing.