Fixing the Mistakes

The rest of the week went by quickly. Multiple students were rehoused, typically children from dark families or light families. Even Hermione was resorted into Ravenclaw. Surprisingly, Neville stayed in Gryffindor and hugged Hydrus when he caught him alone as he somehow recognized him.

He became an ally and was adopted by Bellatrix and Rodolphus. Neville understood Bella's reasoning for hurting his parents and came to love the vampiric woman and accepted the two's love for him. The reason Bella tortured Neville's parents was that they had broken into their house to arrest them for crimes they didn't commit. They were unnecessarily rough with them and caused her to miscarry.

The two were eventually found innocent, but the Aurors went unpunished. Bella went insane and snapped when she learned she would never be allowed to have children. Other than that, Hydra and Tom worked on improvements to the school. All muggle-related subjects were canceled, Bella became the DADA teacher since Lucius still worked for the ministry, History of Wizards and Wizarding Etiquette classes were added and once they were in charge of all wizarding England, Dark Arts would be mandatory. The other two were mandatory for years 1-5.

Soon everyone was rescheduled and classes were underway. Some light students and families tried protesting, but they couldn't do anything. Especially since dark and gray families retaliated saying how Hogwarts was finally safe and all their teachers were actually competent.

There was no more bullying and the Forbidden Forest was renamed to the Enchanted Forest due to all Acromantulas, centaurs, trolls, and other dangerous creatures being relocated. Now the forest was free to roam for all students third year and older. Professor Trelawney was fired and charged with being a fraud seer. Divination was now the study of it and how it worked rather than actively doing it. The new professor was a gray witch from Japan named Professor Tanaka.

The babies and dogs were introduced the day before classes. The light students were quick to tell their parents, but they were safe on Hogwarts grounds. If they were to attack anyone the ministry would have to join the dark. Especially if they were to attack babies.

They were only four months old and luckily some of the older dark and gray students volunteered to babysit. There were also light students as well but their intentions were dark. One student tried to get them in trouble but the ministry couldn't get involved because of war and the fact that, as parents, they had every right to decide who babysat their four-month-olds.

Other than that, classes were going well, students' grades were better, students being abused at home no longer had to go home during holidays or summer, and overall everyone seemed happier except the light children. Hydrus met with his mother and found out that his heat didn't come around sooner due to the potions and blocks and then because he was pregnant. Now his heat would be every four months then two months until they were exactly one month apart.

They still had two months to go until the next one. Unfortunately, he would be allowed to become pregnant again so Narcissa, Tom, and Hydrus agreed to put an infertility charm on Tom until they were ready for more children. Hydra made it known that he only wanted 2-3 more before having his tubes tied.

It made Tom's inner horny vampire outraged but anything for his kitten.

~~~

Tom growled as he entered the changed headmaster's office. They kept the bottom portion as an office but changed the top from a tacky room with a single puke green, tattered armchair, and hideous knickknacks into a beautiful family room and the small, just as ugly bedroom and bathroom into a glorious den and modern bathroom. They also extended another room for the babies while the dogs slept in and patrolled the living room and office.

The newly familiar space did little to help his tense muscles and anger after dealing with idiot death eaters. Although, the sight of his mate playing with their children and getting them ready for a playdate with grandma and grandpa did raise his spirits a little.