Two Birds in a Bush

So, life went on as is. Hydrus and Tom looked after the quadruplets, the school was more productive than it had ever been, and the Order was in hiding as they planned their attack. Every once in a while the dark had a couple of meetings to discuss the war outside of the school.

Severus was sent to the order after the meeting to tell them important news. He told them the story they created, that he overheard the Dark Lord and Lady speaking to Lucius Malfoy about a battle they were planning two months from then and how they were going to determine his loyalty once and for all. The order was excited about the prospects of this after he added that there was a chance his oath would be taken off.

The twins couldn't help but smirk at the potion master's acting. The order was oblivious to the gleam under Severus's mask. They needed to join the dark officially. The final battle was closer than ever.

~~~

Now there they were, leaving everything but their wands, keys to their joke shop, and the clothes on their back. They snuck out of the house using dark charms the Order would never think to look for. The magic and wards around the small house were weak. It barely noticed them leaving and only let out the smallest shock that no one noticed. They had to hurry.

Severus had set up the meeting and Hydrus and Tom were more than ready for it. It was in a small cottage that was hidden from everybody. It was a safe home just in case. Narcissa and Lucius had the children and the couple sat on the black couch with the vampire hiding in the corner. The twins popped in with their portkey and entered the beautiful home. They looked to their left in sync to see the dark couple. A lord they were taught to hate and a lady they thought of as a little brother.

They walked over and sat on the twin velvet green chairs in front of the matching couch. Hydrus looked beautiful. Motherhood agreed with him as his face was bright, yet serious. Tom was nothing like they had been told. He was handsome and seemed young. His face was stern but he still held the gentleness of a father.

The twins felt comfortable and free for once. Hydrus was the first to speak.

"Fred, George, how are you?"

"We are well, Brother." They said in sync.

"Although, we have missed you."

"It tore us apart when we thought you had been killed."

Fred being the eldest always spoke before his brother without realizing it. That's one of the many clues Hydrus used to know which brother was which. "I've missed you as well. I am sorry for disappearing, but I was scared you wouldn't recognize me or the Order had turned you into them. I didn't want to know if you hated me."

The twins looked at each other with sad eyes, not wanting to believe that the neko had questioned their loyalty. They looked back at the black and blonde-haired Neko. "We would never hate you."

"And we definitely wouldn't join the Order except to spy."

"Yeah, they're going to get us killed if they keep bringing muggles into our world or let us go to theirs."

Hydrus smiled and looked at his mate. Tom had kept the same look on his face the entire conversation. It was sudden when he began to speak. "Do you trust them, Kitten?"

The piercing red eyes stared down the redheads in an emotionless dominance that dared the boys to challenge him. They looked at him with confidence but avoided eye contact so as to not seem like they were challenging him. George and Fred refused to ruin their chance to be with their friend and the male they considered to be a mother.

Hydrus didn't hesitate with his answer. "Yes, they are my brothers. The only family I had before I knew the truth. I could tell them anything and no one else would or have ever found out. I just want them to never have to go back to that horrible place."

The twins were surprised when the dark man didn't fight. "Alright, if you can prove your loyalty and abilities, you shall be welcomed into my inner circle with open arms. But, if I find out you have not been honest, I will not hesitate to consider you an enemy."

The boys nodded their heads in unison. The royal-like couple stood and glided to the family room while motioning for the six-foot boys to follow them with Severus bringing up the rear. In the family room was the fireplace that doubled as their floo.

Stepping in together, the five flooed to Riddle manor. It was too dangerous to go to the school because they'd be recognized. Inside there was beautiful furniture and paintings. Draco and Aria were cuddling on one of the couches, having made themselves official about two weeks ago, while talking to Narcissa who was on the floor with the quadruplets.

They all stared at the group appearing from the floo while Lucius walked in from the direction of the kitchen where he was probably telling the house elves what to make for dinner. Hydra and Tom gave their family a smile and nod before leading the twins out to the gardens.

Just beyond the gardens were the training grounds and a small shack. The inside was slightly expanded to fit the inner circle as they questioned newcomers or possible traitors. This time it would just be them.