Chapter 22

Jon/Egg POV

We were having one last meeting before we head out. Going over things once more.

"Aside from the Starks and the Boltons, the most powerful houses in the North are the Umbers, the Karstarks, and the Manderlys." Davos says stands and moves some of the tokens to Winterfell. " The Umbers and the Karstarks have already declared for the Boltons, so we're not doing so well there." 

"The Umbers gave Rickon to our enemies. They can hang. But the Karstarks declared for Ramsay without knowing they had another choice." she said.

"I beg your pardon, my lady, but they know that a Stark beheaded their father. I don't think we can count on them either." He said.

 "How well do you know the North, Ser Davos?" Sansa asked.

"Precious little, my lady." he said.

"My father always said Northerners are different. More loyal, more suspicious of outsiders." Sansa said.

"They may well be loyal, but how many rose up against the Boltons when they betrayed your family? I may not know the North, but I know men. They're more or less the same in any corner of the world and even the bravest of them don't want to see their wives and children skinned for a lost cause. If Jon's going to convince them to fight alongside him, they need to believe it's a fight they can win." he said.

"He's right. It also brings up the matter that we grew up knowing what we were taught but now we must scrap what we learned and handle this differently. It was the help Northern men that turn on our house. The North remembers." Ash said.

"She not wrong." I said.

"Yes, The North remembers. They remember the Stark name. People will still risk everything for it, from White Harbor to Ramsay's own door." Sansa says.

"I don't doubt it. But Jon or Ash doesn't have the Stark name."  Davos said.

"No, but I do." Sansa said and Ash and I stare at her.

"Jon and Ashara is every bit as much Ned Stark's son as Ramsay is Roose Bolton's. And there are also the Tullys. They're not Northern, but they will back us against the Boltons without question." She said.

"Yes you may be a Stark in blood but everyone in the North will point out a few things for you. One your still are married to the enemy. Two your a woman and the men of the north will be holding on to their pride to even consider you." Ash said and Sansa gave her a look.

"I'm sure the houses won't consider you either as most may see you as a for-

" Sansa enough. She right. You been married to Lannister and now Bolton. It's not looking good for you. Let's finish up. We got ways to go and I like to beat the sun before it goes down." I said. " Oh and one last thing. If I find out anyone in this room let information out to the enemy. I collect your fucking head."

...

Ash/Senya POV

We were readying up the horses as some of the others were already upon theirs. Soon a cloak was put on my shoulders. I turn to look at Jon.

"Can't have you getting cold. You have been gone too long to just be wearing that. It should keep you warm enough." he said.

"Thank you, big brother. It's kind of strange. Being back." I said.

"I'm glad that you are. When the last time you slept." he said then footsteps draw our attention. Sansa coming towards us. She has a bundle in her arms.