Witches Before Wizards

ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ, ʏᴇᴀʜ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ, ʏᴇᴀʜ, ʏᴇᴀʜ

ɪꜱ ꜱᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏʙᴏᴅʏ'ꜱ ᴛʀʏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴀ ʙɪʟʟɪᴏɴᴀɪʀᴇ

ʙᴜᴛ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ɪ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ

'ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ, ʏᴇᴀʜ ᴀʟʟ ɪ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ, ʏᴇᴀʜ, ʏᴇᴀʜ

ɪꜱ ꜱᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I woke up early. Looking around me to confirm that the events that transpired yesterday weren't a dream. I was still here, and so was Luz.

My younger sister was sleeping peacefully next to me, King at the foot of her sleeping bag. I'll leave the two to rest some more.

I got up and searched the hallways for where the bathroom was. I found a door that was no doubt the bathroom. Somehow, Eda was able to steal an entire 'Ladies Room' bathroom door, on the side was a small piece of paper with King's name taped on there too. I opened the door, and two large owls flew out, strange, but it was something that definitely wasn't new to me. I remember when Luz and I were younger, we brought in a squirrel and kept it secret from our mother, when she found out, she was mad at us sure, but knowing her, she also had a soft spot for animals and helped us take care of it until it was time to let it go.

I sighed at the memory, one day spent here and I'm already homesick.

"Morning (Y/N)!" I quickly turned around to face the source of the voice, only for it to just be Hooty, "Ah! Oh, uh... Hi Hooty." I waved at him, "You're a pretty early bird now, ain'tcha?

I softly chuckled, "Heh, yeah. Uh, could I get some privacy?"

"Sure thing! Hoot!" Hooty slinked away from the bathroom through the window. "Weird owl." I rolled my eyes playfully.

After I was finished, I walked downstairs to get started on something to make everyone for breakfast. I usually did so at home, helping my mom in the kitchen when she would wake up. I looked through the fridge that Eda had, which was filled with a lot of stuff, like a giant bee's head for instance, none of it actually looked edible for at least Luz and I. "Huh, guess we'll have to skip breakfast, or at least look for something out in the market."

"Morning, (Y/N)!"

"Oh, Morning King."

The small demon pulled out a jar of some yellow stuff that had a lot of eyeballs that were... Still alive? Along the way to the table, he pulled out a highchair. "Help me!", King turned to me and held out his arms. Adorable. I picked him up and set him in his highchair. Putting the jar in front of him and grabbing a plate.

"Remember me? Luz?" 

Eda walked in along with Luz tailing after her, wearing a bathrobe and a dirtied-up pylon. The Owl Lady flicked her fingers, and a mug flew in, hitting Luz in the back of her head. "We freed the oppressed and defeated the evil warden together? Yesterday?" she continued to press on as the pale woman looked through the fridge and opened up a bottle labeled 'Apple Blood', pouring it in her mug that read '30 & Flirty', "Kid, lay off the details." Eda sighed, "I haven't had my cup of apple blood yet."

"You mean apple juice?"

"No.", 'Uh... What?'

The old woman sat on the edge of the table while King stabbed at the yellow goo with multiple eyes. "Teach me some spells!" Luz continued excitedly, "When do I get a magic staff? Was I supposed to bring my own runes?"