The First Day

ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴄʟᴇᴀɴ ᴜᴘ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴏᴋꜱ

ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴇꜱ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴏᴋꜱ

ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Luz and I were starting our first day at Hexside. Well, technically, we had to show Principal Bump if we knew more than two spells to be accepted. Other than the light spell and the Ice spell, I was able to do more studies with other glyphs thanks to the books at the library. I am lucky I got a job there, perks of being a librarian!

I was able to find a few books that had more on glyphs for my sister and me. I mainly practiced with an air glyph and a water glyph to show what I could do, after Luz was finished with her presentation of what she knows. In the meantime, Eda was giving me a pep-talk.

"Alright kid. You got this one in the bag," she pointed out. "It'll be easy, all you need to do is show 'em what you're made of."

"It kinda sounds like you're sending me to battle," It wasn't anything serious, but she was sure making it seem so.

I walked out from behind the curtain once Luz came back, excitedly waving around a pamphlet, "I got in! I got in!" Eda gave her back a pat, "Atta girl, kid! Now, get out there (Y/N)!"

I gave a nervous smile as both Eda and Luz gave me a thumbs up. I stood in the center of the stage, rigged with my hands at my side, as I took a deep breath. "Uh, hi. My name is (Y/N). I'm sure that by now, you know that my sister and I aren't from the Boiling Isles, which means we can't do magic like any normal witch. My sister has already shown you what we can do. But I'm also here to show you that there is more that can be done."

I pulled the water and air glyph out from my back pocket, "You've seen the light glyph, and you've already seen the ice glyph too. Well, I'm here to show you that the glyphs can be mixed together to create something more! Behold, water and air." I placed the glyph that had the two spells mixed together. I pressed down and a ball of water was created and began to float in the air.

I looked up to see Principal Bump nod, giving a quiet, "Impressive," in response.

I placed another glyph onto the ground, only this time it was an air and ice glyph, stepping on it. A pillar of ice rose from the ground, and with the help of the air glyph, I, along with the ice pillar I stood on, were pushed up into the air. I held out a water/air paper and pressed my hands against it. I lifted myself up from the ice pillar to the water that now floated in the air for a short moment before it started to dissipate. Quickly, I used an ice glyph facing down to lower me.

I turned towards Principal Bump to see him nodding, "Very impressive! And added points for showmanship, what a performance." He stood up from his seat and walked up to the stage and handed me a pamphlet which I graciously took. I gave him a small nod in appreciation, "Thank you, sir!"

"Welcome, (Y/N), to Hexside School of Magic and Demonics!"

˜"*°•.˜"*°• * •°*"˜.•°*"˜

And just like that, Luz and I were accepted into Hexside, uniform and all! For now, our uniforms were a light gray color. Something about having to earn our colors by seeing which class is best suited for us.

I was pretty excited, albeit a little nervous. Luz however, was incredibly high strung, "We gotta go back. This was a mistake!" She cried out while Eda was busy dropping us off at the front of the school, "I'm gonna mess things up again and everyone will see, and-" Luz paused for a moment, thinking to herself, possibly of every outcome that might happen today if things don't go well for her.