The Intruder

ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏɴꜱᴛᴇʀꜱ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴀᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ?

ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ᴡᴇ ꜱʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴅᴇ?

ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏ ɪ ʀᴜɴ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ

ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪɴᴅ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴜᴄᴋ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of Demons," I heard Luz characterize from the hallway. I had walked out of the bathroom after taking a shower with new clothes on towards the living room. For whatever reason, King had barged in the bathroom, demanding that once I was out, to come downstairs.

After last weekend's sale, I was able to use the snails Eda gave me as an allowance for helping her to buy new clothes for myself at the market after the whole trash slug incident while my old clothes washed. I let Luz wash hers first from all the 'Abomination goo', and since she had her satchel, she was gonna take for summer camp, she has extra clothes for herself. Sadly, I left my suitcase with all my packed clothes at home when I was in a panic running after her when we first got here, and my little sister's clothes were too small for me to wear in the meantime.

Which meant I had to wear my dirty clothes for a while. Bleh! I had bought myself a cute long cardigan with a simple white flowy top, and black linen shorts. Oh, and I was able to get myself some new socks and shoes too! Now, all I had to do was find the other sock!

I dried my hair with a pink towel, walking into the living room where Luz was recording King on her phone. "...facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock."

I gaped when I saw King tearing my other sock off of his snout. He started stomping on the torn pieces of fabric, "Where are you now, ducky sock?", he shouted.

"King! I just bought that!" I scolded, he scurried away as I walked up to the remains of my new sock and picked a piece up, "Oh... great, guess one of my socks is left without a partner."

"Hey, it attacked first!"

I sighed and sat down on one of the large books next to Luz, "So, why'd you call us here again?" She asked.

"Oh, yeah." King climbed up to a table with a covered pinboard, "Human Luz and Human (Y/N), you two have been so obsessed with witchcraft that you two haven't learned about my kind. Prepare yourselves..." He pulled the cover off and revealed the board that had multiple pictures of demons sprawled on, "...for Demons 101." He grunted, throwing the red cover to the ground. He pulled out a makeshift professor hat and bowed.

"Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone" He instructed professionally. Which, I have to say, if King was a tall humanoid like demon, he would've done a good job as an actual professor.

"And cute little paws." Luz cooed, zooming her phone in on King to which he sighed, "And cute little paws. True."

He reverted back to being professional on the topic, pulling out a pen with a large fake diamond on it, "We live only to create chaos and misery! Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive-aggressive comments... sometimes."

"Oh, you guys are sensitive." I said in a more teasing tone.

"Even demons have inner demons." He tore off the image of the sensitive demon to reveal a horrific demon with a spiked, stoned shell and gaunt pink skin, "The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback! He is a-"