Yesterday's lies

ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʜᴏʟʏ ᴍᴀʀʏ

ᴍᴀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴀ, ᴍᴀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱ

ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ꜱᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ

ᴍᴀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴀ, ᴍᴀʀʏ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱ

*

Two souls bonded. Secrets must clear. A dance of love and hate. A savior of the heart.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Number Six has escaped!"

A small swamp green Basilisk woke up from her cell, amongst the shouting, there were heavy footsteps that followed. She rubbed her eyes and slithered up to the bars of her cell cautiously as Emperor Guards ran past.

She viewed what caused the commotion and spotted a salmon colored Basilisk who seemed just a few years older being cornered by the guards. She hissed and growled and swiped at them. "I am not going back to that cell! You can't make me!" she yelled, knocking down a guard by ramming into them, "You want me to extract magic? Fine, I will!"

Number Five gasped as the light red Basilisk opened her mouth, draining the magic from a guard who squirmed and tried to shield his face with his arms, "Help! Number Six is attacking!"

Before all magic could be pulled out of the guard's body, a purple tentacle wrapped around the female Basilisk's neck, she tried clawing at the tentacle, but it didn't seem to faze the user, Warden Wrath.

He brought her writhing body to face him, "You are foolish to try and escape the most heavily guarded facility on the Boiling Isles," he chuckled mockingly, "Basilisks never think, do they?"

The smaller Basilisk watches as Warden Wrath brings back the wriggling older Basilisk to her cell. She recoils away from the bars when there's a harsh thud coming from the cell next to hers before the frightening warden walks back to the center of the cell room, "Let this be a lesson to all you Basilisks that no matter how hard you try, you will always be stuck here!" he announces. A loud symphony of pained roars of Number Five's species sounded throughout the Conformatorium as Warden Wrath and the Emperor Guards leave.

"Screw you!" the basilisk next to Number Five's yells out at the leaving figures.

She rubs the back of her hand before finally choosing to speak up, "Hey... Um. Are you alright?"

There's a small beat of silence before the other answers her, "I'm fine," she grumbles.

"That was pretty brave what you did there..."

The older basilisk heaves a sigh, "We're never getting out of here."

"I think there's a chance," Number Five stated while scratching the back of her head, "I mean, you tried to escape."

"Yeah, "tried," Number Six huffed, letting her head fall in place between her arms.

"I still think we can make it out," the smaller basilisk spoke with hope in her voice that made the older one lift up her head slightly and blink her frustrated tears away.

...

"I'm... Vee, by the way,"

"...Call me Xis."

˜"*°•.˜"*°• * •°*"˜.•°*"˜

(Y/N) stands in the middle of the clearing in Gravesfield, looking up, her (E/C) eyes stare at the statue of the two men who had founded the town. She squinted; a strange feeling of familiarity rose deep within her chest. At the back of her mind, one of the men seemed similar to someone that she remembers.