Eclipse Lake

ꜱᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ

ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʏᴇᴀʀ, ᴏʜ

ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ɪᴛ

ꜱᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ

ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʏᴇᴀʀ, ᴏʜ

ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴅʀᴀɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ɪᴛ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

˜"*°•.˜"*°• AT THE EMPEROR'S CASTLE•°*"˜.•°*"˜

Papers, books, and digraphs scattered the ground. Belos's shadow looms over, in the man's hands is a tube that he connects to a hole in the door. When the lock clicks, he signals at an Abominaton. Obediently, the purple creature turns a valve that releases a thick green goo through the clear tube that separates into multiple connected to the portal door, bringing to life.

Emperor Belos raises his self-made key near the keyhole, hesitating only for a second before inserting it into the lock. Just as it enters, it soon turns to dust and disintegrates, and the door shuts down.

From a distance, Hunter watches silently with a curious and weary stare.

Chirp

The red cardinal palisman flies next to him. Hunter swats him off before the bird palisman can land on his shoulder, "Shoo!" he whispered harshly. But the palisman ignores his small protest and lands on his other shoulder.

"Would you like to see how it works, Hunter?" Belos asks.

Among hearing Belos's voice, Hunter's palisman solidifies and said blonde quickly hides him under his cloak before steadily approaching his uncle, "I didn't mean to hide, Emperor Belos."

The man turned around, revealing a large green scar across his aged face, despite his usual cold voice, Belos held a gentle smile directed at his nephew, his lips quickly turn to a frown as he turns his attention at the door, "We found every piece of the door, but without the power of the real key, it refuses to open."

"Is it true that rain doesn't boil in the Human Realm?" Hunter asks shyly.

"It is," his uncle beamed again at the simple question, "You know, I've been there before. Did I ever tell you that?"

Hunter answers with a small shake of his head.

"The trees there are green. The nights are quiet," Belos reminisced fondly with a far off look on his marred face, "I look forward to seeing it again." The long-haired man steps down from the door and stops in front of Hunter with a knowing smirk, "Were you spying on me just to hear these boring stories?"

Hunter shifts his eyes to the ground, not being able to look the older man in the eye, "The operation at the Knee, why did you switch me out with Kikimora?"

Belos places a comforting hand on the younger boy's shoulder "Everyone has a use, Hunter. Kikimora has her intricate little plans," he starts leading him away from the portal door project, The scouts carry out orders. And you, well... The Titan has big plans for you, and it will be such a hassle to find a replacement."

'A replacement?' Hunter thinks to himself, his eyes widened slightly at the small mention.

The emperor doesn't notice, and continues to speak, "So, right now, you can be useful by staying safe in the castle," Belos leads Hunter out the door from the room.