Covention

ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

ɪ'ᴍ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ

ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

ɪ'ᴍ ᴏɴ ꜰɪʀᴇ

ꜱʜᴇ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ

ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ʜɪɢʜᴇʀ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙᴇᴇɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 Today was quite a slow day.

All I was doing was just wiping the same clock for the past couple of minutes because of how bored I was. Eda was dusting off the table while King was listening to Luz read from her book.

I placed the clock on the shelf. You know, the more I think about it, the more I just realized, there's no one here at all... Like at all, we're the only booth set up. It's like this place became a ghost town or something.

Eda suddenly groaned, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Please stop reading that. Its flowery language is an insult to witches." She waved her feather duster in front of Luz's face, "And driving away all our serious customers."

I walked up next to her, placing my head on my hands, "Um, Eda? What customers?" I asked, gesturing to the entire vacancy around us. "There aren't even any other stands around. What's going on?"

Eda's face scrunched up into one of seriousness, "This is a bad omen! There must be something horrible happening today."

Well, that can't be good, I'm still recovering from the whole Owl Beast thing from two days ago. It was both scary and fun!

"Luz!" From the distance, we could see Luz's new friends, Willow and Gus, making their way towards us, "Something amazing is happening today."

"Gus, Willow! Hey!" Luz greeted excitedly, happy to see her friends again.

Willow held up a poster she was holding, "It's the annual Covention. Student witches get to see all the types of covens before they're placed in one." She then pointed to the bottom of the poster, "There's even a mystery guest this year."

"A job fair for witches!" Luz clasped her hands together, leaning her head on Eda's arm, "Eda can we go?"

"Absolutely not." The older witch shot down, making Luz groan and slide to the ground. "Why not? It could be fun." I asked her, "I never joined a coven for a reason. Sure, it's a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be a part of a crooked system." She vented, slamming her fist against the table to get her point across.

Both Willow frowned, lowering the poster in her hand slightly as she stared at Eda with sad eyes. This seemed to work sense Eda stared back, seemingly regretting her actions, "Eh, but, you know, no judgment." She crossed her arms and looked away, "In any case, I haven't been to one since we were girls."

"We?" Luz suddenly asked.

This made Eda stammer a bit, "I mean..."

"Who's "we"?" Luz popped up, her despair gone and replaced with curiosity, "You have a mysterious past, now we gotta go!" She pointed at Eda. This got me thinking, back with the trash slug incident, Eda was talking about her sister, and from the looks of it, they didn't seem to leave on good terms.

"No." Eda replied sternly.

"Saying no is only gonna egg her on," I told her, smiling at the gears clicking in Luz's head for her scheme to convince Eda to take us all to the coven convention thing. The older witch let out a 'pfft', "Oh yeah? And what tricks does the kid have up her sleeve?"