Through The Looking Glass Ruins

ʏᴇᴀʜ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ

ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴜᴘ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɢʀᴇᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ

ɴᴏᴡ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ, ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ɪꜱ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ, ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴍᴇ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Sign it," I whined, "Sign it!"

"No," Eda simply replied.

"Ple~ease," I groaned, waving the paper in front of her face. Eda held her stern look and shifted her head away, "I'm not going to sign it, who knows what might happen when you get there!"

"Oh, come on, Eda! It's just the Bard Coven, It's not like I'm gonna join or anything," I rolled my eyes, "I just wanna know more about it."

"Why? You never seemed interested in any coven."

"I know, but I haven't done much with either my Bard or Healing classes. It's easy to excel at Beast-Keeping and Potions because I don't need spell circles to calm beasts or mix liquids into one!" I vented as I paced the room, "But for Healing, I can't heal anything except use potions to help, and I can't summon an instrument out of thin air!"

I turned to her, "So that's why I want to go on this field trip to the Bard Coven, plee~easse!" I leaned against the table and waved the paper in front of her. She groans, "Fine! I'll sign it," she summons a feather, her hand hovering over the paper, "Is this really what you want, (Y/N)?"

I nodded, "More than anything!"

She sighs, "Alright..." She signed it and handed the paper back, "There you go, kid."

"Yes!" I went ahead and wrapped my arms around her neck, "Thank you, Eda!" Realizing what I had done, I immediately pulled away, "Uh, s-sorry, Eda..."

Her eyes, which had widened, went back to normal. She patted my head gently, "It's alright, kid."

"Right, I'll uh, I'll just head up and get ready for school," I headed for the steps, "And, thanks again, Eda."

"No, problem, kid."

˜"*°•.˜"*°• * •°*"˜.•°*"˜

Walking into beast-keeping class, I headed for the seat that I always perched myself on, next to Aloy. When I sat down, I noticed he had his eyes glued to his scroll and Edric's pet bat resting against his hand that scratched under their chin, "Hey, Aloy."

He didn't respond, scrolling through something on his screen. A grin made its way onto his lips and he suddenly giggled. I decided to try again, "Hey, Aloy..." Nothing. "Alo~oy," when I waved my hand in front of his face, he finally seemed to snap out of his daze. "Huh, what? What happened? Oh, (Y/N), hey!"

"Well you seemed pretty distracted," I crossed my arms, "What were you looking at?"

"Um, uh, n-nothing, it's nothing," he stuttered, grinning awkwardly, placing his scroll face down on the table. When it dinged, his grin only widened and wobbled, "That was nothing..." There was another notification, "Aren't you going to answer?"

"In a little bit, it's not important!"

I quirked an eyebrow at his weird behavior, "Okay..."

When class started, his phone dinged again while our teacher had us read about mix-breed demons, Aloy picked it up and started to read through whatever he was notified by. Another smile made its way onto his face and his eyes shined with keenness.