Keeping Up A-Fear-Ances

ᴡᴀꜱᴛɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡᴀꜱᴛɪɴɢ ᴍɪɴᴇ

ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ

ᴀ ꜰᴀᴛᴇ ᴡᴏʀꜱᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴅʏɪɴɢ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

It always starts the same way

A teen, ginger haired Eda gasps. Rising from the dark floor she had been laying on, panting and gasping for air.

I wake up someplace dark.

She stands and begins to walk around, her eyes darting and surveying the bleak, dark, and endless void in fear. A large shadow looms past her, making her sharply turn.

And then it appears.

A large talon stomps against the ground. The owl beast screeches at her, opening its mouth wide as it careens its head forwards, craning its neck out.

Eda screams and starts to run away, tears springing to her eyes leaving a glossy trail as the beast chases after her.

And eventually-

"I wake up and I know I turned into... that thing," she concludes. Sitting on her bed as she explains to her worried mother and a man of the healing coven who looks at her with concern.

"I see," he answers. He rummages through his pouch and pulls out a large yellow gem, "Here, take this. It will tell you when the beast's energy is bubbling to the surface." Eda takes it from his outstretched hand, gently sliding her fingers over the cool, shining surface with unserness in her eyes.

"Also, I hear gems are quite fashionable for young witches," he tries to lighten, but Eda continues to stare at it.

"Oh, what a beautiful little stone," her mother smiles, but her eyes hold a different emotion, she grabs onto the man's shoulder and pulls him out of Eda's room, "May I speak with you outside?" Gwendolyn smiles at her daughter, "Just a minute, hon," she says sweetly, closing the door behind her, leaving it slightly ajar.

"What the heck was that?"

Eda could hear her mother hiss, she gets off her bed and presses her ear lightly against the door, "I thought you were in the Healing Coven, not the Bauble Brigade."

"Mrs. Clawthorne," he tries to ease her worries, "We have never seen a curse quite like this. I'm not sure it can be healed. Perhaps if we consult the Potions Coven, they may know a way to keep it at bay."

"Keep it at bay?" Gwendolyn interrupted, "Oh, no. My daughter is suffering, and I want that thing out! Cut it out if you have to." Eda gasped, her hand flying up to her mouth and backed away from the door. She clutches her uniform into her balled up fist up to her heart and breathes heavily. Her mother was willing to go through great lengths just to get rid of the curse, lengths that Eda wasn't so thrilled for.

She looked around her room, spotting her window open, swinging as the air blew through the night. She needed to get out.

After having a conversation with the Healing Coven witch, Gwendolyn asked him to leave. Not liking any of the solutions he was giving for her daughters suffering. She went back upstairs, "Edalyn," she called out, "I'm taking you to someone else. Huh?"

Her daughter was not in her room.

Eda ran through the forest, wanting nothing but to get away from her home. Lilith wasn't talking to her for some reason, she hurt her father, and her mother was willing to cut her open all because of this curse that appeared out of nowhere because of someone!