Eda's Requiem

ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ

ꜱᴏᴍᴇ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴇᴍᴏᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ

ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴠᴇʀᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ

ʙᴜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴍᴇɴᴛ ʟɪᴠᴇ ꜱʟᴏᴡʟʏ

ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ʟᴏᴠᴇ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ

ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴡ, ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴘᴇɴ, ɪ'ᴍ ᴏᴘᴇɴ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hunter...

His stupid handsome face, I couldn't get him out of my head! And I hated myself that I was... falling for the enemy. I HAVE fallen for the enemy. My face heated up the more I thought of him. Out of all people I had to have a crush on in the Boiling Isles, it had to be him.

Why couldn't it have been Emira, or Jerbo, or Viney? Or literally ANYONE else?! Doesn't matter who or what they are, anyone BUT Hunter and his stupid fluffy blonde hair I could run my fingers through, his mesmerizing magenta eyes that I could stare and easily get lost in. Ugh, there I go again!

"Hey, (Y/N), you doing alright there?"

"What?"

I stopped playing when Katya placed a hand on my shoulder, "You okay, Viper? You were playing your violin pretty aggressively," she pointed up at the magic my violin had created. There were large dark gray clouds above me with its own thunder rumbling. Had I played any longer, surely, I would've created a rainstorm and drenched the entire base.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine..." I gave her a reassuring smile, "Guess I got lost in the music."

She gave a short nod and a smile, revealing her pointy fangs when her lip pulled back, and left.

Alright, with my mind cleared I practiced more with a few basic bard songs to get the hang of the magic emitted from the instrument. Plucking the strings for a few moments. There was this certain song with the violin I once heard Raine play before, I tried to remember what the notes were to the song and try to play it.

"You're getting better, (Y/N)," Raine complimented with a warm smile. I returned one back, "Thank you, Mx. Whispers."

"Think you're ready?" they asked.

I nodded with much affirmation and determination, "Yes, I am."

"Good, everyone!"

Katya, Amber and Derwin got up from lounging about in the BAT's main base, gathering around the table that was meant for planning. Raine placed a hand on my shoulder, "I'd like to introduce our newest member to the BAT's, (Y/N)!"

"The BAT's!" All three of them hissed like a bat in a welcoming response. I contained the squeal at the back of my throat. I was officially a member of Raine and their rebel group, I know I already helped with as much as I could with the Selkidomus, but I feel like I should've done more. I could've done more. So, I decided to join Raine Whispers Bard Against the Throne as a way to make up even more for Eda.

The three current members congratulated me for joining in. I was handed a mask and the official uniform, which was basically the Bard Coven uniform. "Now, remember (Y/N)," Raine began, "We start around eleven o'clock for our first protest."

"Got it!" my phone started to ring. I took it out of my pocket, seeing the alarm going off. I clicked it off, "I've gotta head back to the library, my shift is almost over, and I have to clock out." I thanked everyone for allowing me to join the rebel group and said my goodbyes, heading out of the room.