My sister was a Teenage Abomination

ɪ'ʟʟ ꜱᴇɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴏɴ ᴀ ᴡɪʀᴇ

ʟɪᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ, ᴏᴏʜ, ᴘᴜʟʟꜱ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ᴏᴏʜ

ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴍᴇᴄʜᴀɴɪᴄᴀʟ ʙᴜʟʟ, ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴜᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀɴʏᴏɴᴇ

ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ ᴡᴀɴᴛꜱ ᴀ ʀɪᴅᴇ, ᴘᴜʟʟꜱ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, ᴏᴏʜ, ꜰʀᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eda woke us up early today. Said she had something to show us. Whatever it was, it had her excited. However, this...

This was not what I was expecting.

"Well, you two..." She stood proudly as we all stared at a giant dead slug monster, "Did you ever in your life think you'd see something as breathtaking as this?"

"I don't like this," Luz said slowly, staring at the thing with a disturbed look. "Yep, it doesn't get much more inspiring than the trash slug." Eda walked right up to it, "It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside," she stated in a dramatic tone, throwing aside a rubber chicken in the process, "Until blam! It gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt." She pulled out a pickaxe she carried with her, "And then we get to sell the stuff it ate."

She handed it to Luz who flinched away from it, "Please don't make me." She muttered.

"Alright. Here (Y/N), why don't you give it a try." She then handed to pickaxe over to me, I just stared at it, "Ueehhh...."

"Oh, come on, you two," King huffed, walking away to his towel, "It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass." He settled his towel on the ground and laid down on it, putting his sunglasses on.

"Eh, nuts to you both." She grumbled, readying her axe to stab at the behemoth. She swung and it punctured and tore at the seams, garbage and sludge spewed out of it. "I think I'll just settle with looking through stuff for us to sell." I walked up to the various objects and started sorting out what seemed valuable. "That's the spirit, kid!" Eda praised, swinging again.

"But what if we tried some new lessons for my apprenticeship?" Luz rubbed her arm, suggesting a few things that we could learn. Eda groaned, "Ugh! That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff."

This piqued Luz's interest, "Wait. Is there a magic school here?", she asked, beginning to get excited again as she was this morning. "Like winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life, kind of magic school?"

"Mm-hm. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way," she quoted, "But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable and that's why it's so beautiful! I didn't finish school and look at me!", she held up her axe proudly over her shoulder, "Who wouldn't want to be where I am right now?"

I stared at Eda sympathetically, she didn't notice. She wasn't exactly realizing that she was making the situation worse for her and Luz. Luz wanted a real lesson on witchcraft, not sales and how to get away with not paying taxes.

"Uh... Hey, here's a lesson!" She walked up to Luz, grabbed her arm and stuffed into a puddle of green gunk from the slug, "A great witch is resourceful, like this." Luz pulled her hand out after feeling around and finding something. "Oh, hey. Greasy slimeball..."

"Use your slimeball wisely, young witch." Eda advised her, "Back at it!" She stood back up and started to walk climbing up the garbage to open up the slug more, "We'll hit the stink nodes first."