Chapter 1

Charlotte paced nervously outside the door, waiting for her interview. She had just started at this new PR firm and was already asked to interview as an assistant for a celebrity. The only thing was that she wasn't told who the celebrity was for. The firm she worked for was based out of New York, but they called her to Boston for the interview. She was happy to be in Boston, it was where she grew up. She only lived in New York because it was where she went to school, and she just decided to stay. She had been doing random PR and assistant work for another firm for the last few years. She had never specifically been a celebrity assistant before, but they must have thought she was the right person for the job. Why else would they ask her to fly to Boston?

She heard the door open as her boss motioned for her to enter. She grabbed her folder and went to enter the office as she tripped over her shoe, falling to the ground. She saw someone offer their hand as they chuckled, "are you okay?"

Chris did his best not to laugh at the girl falling before him. He offered his hand to find the most beautiful green eyes staring up at her, chestnut brown hair falling in her face.

She grabbed the hand and looked up to find herself staring into the most intense gray blue eyes she had ever seen. She pulled her hand away, embarrassed at her shitty first impression. "I'm fine. I'm sorry. Thank you."

He motioned for her to sit down as her boss left her alone in the room with him. He held out his hand to her to shake, "I'm Chris Evans, it is nice to meet you."

She accepts his hand, blushing, "Charlotte Adams. You can call me Charlie."

She blushed easy, he liked that. She was beautiful in a high waisted gray pencil skirt, a green blouse that matched her eyes tucked neatly at the band. She wore a blazer to match the skirt. He grabbed her paper, pretending to read it. He had already read it a few times. She had a small bio at the top; it made her stand out from the other, more uptight resumes he read. He specifically requested her. She was from Boston. She was smart. And now he sees she is beautiful as well. That was probably the most perfect reason to not hire her, but he found her so charming already. "So I've read over your resume. You're from Boston?"

She smiled at him, most people didn't take the time to read her small bio. "Concord, yeah."

She grew up so close to him, how did they never meet. She watched him raise his eyebrows, "wow. I'm from Sudbury."

"Neighbors." He laughed. She made him laugh. His laugh was infectious. "I moved to New York for school, stayed for work. I have to admit though, I am excited at the prospect of moving back to Boston."

He smiled at her, "well, as my personal assistant, I would need you to be nearby. And I like to spend as much time here in Boston as I can."

She watched him bite his lip mindlessly before he looked back down at her paper.

He wanted her more that merely 'nearby'. He groaned in his head, he couldn't possibly hire her, "so you don't really have any experience as an assistant?"

"Not as a celebrity assistant, no. But as an assistant, yes. I have a degree in public relations and communications. And one for an administrative assistant. I'm very organized." She smiled and tilted her head, "and maybe a little clumsy."

She was able to laugh at herself, he loved that. He didn't like being serious all the time. He needed someone around that could take his silly side. He laughed, "I need someone that can help me keep organized. Someone that values privacy, and can help me maintain mine. I have a tendency to be a little scatter brained sometimes. I need help with that. Can you get me to wherever I need to be, and on time? I can be a handful. I don't need someone to tell me yes all the time. I need someone that can help to wrangle me when I need it. Can you do that?"